LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 135 users in the forums

Favorite 49er Selection from 2017 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Favorite 49er Selection from 2017 Draft

Favorite selection from the 2017 Draft? Trubisky.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
"Froster"
  • thl408
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Favorite selection from the 2017 Draft? Trubisky

Ahhh. Thread title changed.
I'm excited about a lot of them. Maybe Joe Williams? After hearing how high Shanahan is on him, that makes it really intriguing.

People crap on Seattle for drafting poorly since that legendary 2012 class, but I thought their 2015 draft was awesome as well. Frank Clark has turned into a monster, and Tyler Lockett is just an all-around stud. To draft Lockett at #69, Seattle gave up #95, #112, #167, and #181. They identified a guy they wanted, and they pursued him aggressively.

After the draft, you heard Schneider/Carroll say something like, "coming into the draft, there were four players we wanted. We got three of them. We're thrilled with how this went." Who cares where these players are projected? If you really believe in a guy, make sure you get him -- even if it means reaching/overpaying a little bit. (Adam Peters also expressed a similar sentiment.)
Thomas (1) and Witherspoon (2), gotta give my CB Buffalo some love
Solly.
Foster is an easy and obvious choice but I absolutely wanted Wetherspoon in the third round from day one but was thinking he would be a second round pick as of late.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Solomon grundy. Born on a Monday

Sack qb on a Sunday
The more I research and ponder, I'm really digging the Witherspoon pick
Foster by far having two dominant ILb's again will make up for a lot.

It's Joe Williams for me...Foster's overcome a lot, but to lose your sister at 13 and feel responsible all those years. To be honest with your football coach and tell him he was dealing with too much to play takes a lot of guts. Then, to come back after a month off, not working out at all and just tear it up the rest of the season says this kid's got a ton of talent and a will to make the most of his opportunity with the Niners.
Originally posted by slowriot:
I'm excited about a whole lot of our picks, but it has to be Foster.

Linebackers coach Johnny Holland, the former Packer, couldn't believe what happened. "I thought he'd be a top five pick. He's one of the best three, four linebackers to come out of college football in the last 10 years."

Is this including Willis? I presume it's including Bowman and Kuechly.
My fav's on D is Foster and on offense I got to go with Kittle! We haven't had a legit TE since Walker left.
Checkout my draft grades for the NFL West.
http://dayonefootball.com/index.php/2017/05/01/nfl-draft-grades-nfc-west/
foster's talent, value and his personality on and off the field will turn this into a true team. remember when we had willis, bowman and young aldon and whitner? the defense felt like a brotherhood that would do anything for eachother. as players left the vibe changed and play declined. i think getting some much needed attitude on defense and some "characters" in the locker room is what this team desperately needs.
Share 49ersWebzone