LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 358 users in the forums

Brandon Fusco Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 4912:
Is it that or is it a QB that gets rid of the ball faster than any QB they had to protect?

Yes. That is true.

But pocket awareness is something you can't teach. I remember arguing with guys who said our Oline was garbage when Kapernick played. I said Kap had mediocre pocket awareness and took multiple unnecessary sacks.

Rodgers, Brady and Brees have a bunch of no-namers on their line. They come and go every year but they still put up elite numbers.
Originally posted by Niners99:
He had a solid year. Finished the season ranked 20th in the NFL among Guards on PFF.

Id bring him back to compete/give us depth.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
He had a solid year. Finished the season ranked 20th in the NFL among Guards on PFF.

This is crazy, people are ok bringing Fusco back, but not Hyde? I know you are for Hyde, just saying how crazy it is, as the interior line was garbage, I would give Fusco a 1yr minimum deal.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

This is crazy, people are ok bringing Fusco back, but not Hyde? I know you are for Hyde, just saying how crazy it is, as the interior line was garbage, I would give Fusco a 1yr minimum deal.
Improve the line (Braden Smith/ Ryan Jensen) and a healthy Joshua Garnett, everyone will get better. C. Hyde would average 5.0 ypc easy with a good line, re-sign him 3 yr/15mil, he loves playing for the greatest franchise of all time
[ Edited by JimmyJesus on Jan 7, 2018 at 5:16 AM ]
Originally posted by JimmyJesus:

Improve the line (Braden Smith/ Ryan Jensen) and a healthy Joshua Garnett, everyone will get better. C. Hyde would average 5.0 ypc easy with a good line, re-sign him 3 yr/15mil, he loves playing for the greatest franchise of all time

I'm down with 3yr $15M, short term multi year deal, his 2018 base would be GTD, then he'd have per game roster bonuses, workout bonuses, plus 2019 and 2020 would be GTD on April 1, or they cut him.

Braden Smith would be nice, as would Ryan Jensen. I'd love Norwell, but former agent and salary cap expert Joel Corry thinks he will get more than $12M a year, and that's a lot.
I'm down with 3yr $15M, short term multi year deal, his 2018 base would be GTD, then he'd have per game roster bonuses, workout bonuses, plus 2019 and 2020 would be GTD on April 1, or they cut him.

Braden Smith would be nice, as would Ryan Jensen. I'd love Norwell, but former agent and salary cap expert Joel Corry thinks he will get more than $12M a year, and that's a lot.

Yes, unfortunately the Guard free agent list is soft and A. Norwell is way above anyone else (PFF score), he's going to make some cheese. I'm fine with drafting Braden Smith and signing Ryan Jensen (whatever he wants, can't bring back Kilgore). Have J. Garnett battle Tomlinson for the other guard spot, maybe even sign Brian Fusco to a short deal, and I think our line will be just fine. I really think we should draft OT Brian O'Neil with one of the third rd picks, what do you think AB81Rules? Possible replacement for J. Staley?
Originally posted by JimmyJesus:

Yes, unfortunately the Guard free agent list is soft and A. Norwell is way above anyone else (PFF score), he's going to make some cheese. I'm fine with drafting Braden Smith and signing Ryan Jensen (whatever he wants, can't bring back Kilgore). Have J. Garnett battle Tomlinson for the other guard spot, maybe even sign Brian Fusco to a short deal, and I think our line will be just fine. I really think we should draft OT Brian O'Neil with one of the third rd picks, what do you think AB81Rules? Possible replacement for J. Staley?

If O'Neill is around in rd 3, I'd say go for it, Staley is getting older, and we need to find someone to groom sooner or later.

Norwell is getting paid, doubt we will go that high.

Kilgore needs to go, sucks. I hope Garnett comes back healthy, and fits.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Fusco lol
Originally posted by Jcool:

Interesting, its one of those pff grades that make you scratch your head.

If we can draft Nelson we can get an excellent G and save some $$$.
If O'Neill is around in rd 3, I'd say go for it, Staley is getting older, and we need to find someone to groom sooner or later.

Norwell is getting paid, doubt we will go that high.

Kilgore needs to go, sucks. I hope Garnett comes back healthy, and fits.

Well.. we know how you feel about the re-sign
Lol

Let's hope Kilgore does better In year 2 in kyle's system.
  • dj43
Originally posted by JBrack:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Interesting, its one of those pff grades that make you scratch your head.

PFF notes who is FA this upcoming year. Here is the list of all FA guards in 2018. Fusco is right where he should be. (good guards don't get to FA very often)

You might argue that Zach Fulton is better than Fusco but Fulton is weak in run blocking. Fusco is a much more balanced player.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/guard/
I say cut Tomlinson and re-sign Fusco.
I say cut Tomlinson and re-sign Fusco.

Yup!
Share 49ersWebzone