There are 280 users in the forums

Brandon Fusco Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
[ Edited by dj43 on Mar 14, 2018 at 3:19 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Nice. This guy used to be a starter right? Had some injury issues. Good depth and camp competition at least.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
He's played in 30 games the last two seasons, he was PFF's #62 Guard out of #77 last season. Hopefully a change of scenery does him some good.
nice competition. Seems like we got some real scrubs as depth but maybe one of them can really turn it around here.
How does gen fit as a zone scheme guy compared to who we have as guard?
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
How does gen fit as a zone scheme guy compared to who we have as guard?

Not a super athletic guard but experienced as a starter. This is just more competition, make everyone work a little bit harder to fight for a spot on the roster.
he's not a mauler , or possesses a lot of superior talent, but he does have some experience and could provide depth, I don't see him starting , but he could surprise us and come to camp in shape , ready to compete , the Viking's pass protection was shoddy last season , and their offensive line was a patchwork unit the majority of the season, who knows? ..this could be a good pick up?
Good veteran depth and pick-up. Was a solid starter in 2014 and got a $25million dollar extension. Struggled last two years in new scheme

Hopefully they could figure how to use him. Kinda worrisome when two of our big line signings are from the two worst lines in football in 2016. (Seahawks and Vikings)
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Good veteran depth and pick-up. Was a solid starter in 2014 and got a $25million dollar extension. Struggled last two years in new scheme

they had a one dimensional passing attack last year, short quick passes out of the shotgun due to such poor pass protection and below average running attack , it was punishing watching them run the ball , their 2 running backs (McKinnon and Asiata) are your textbook 'If you need 2 yards they'll get you 3 , if you need 5 yards they'll get you 3" RB's ....Fusco will get an opportunity to earn a spot on the 53
At 305 pounds, I'm guessing he is a better fit here in the ZBS vs. the Vikings power?
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Hopefully they could figure how to use him. Kinda worrisome when two of our big line signings are from the two worst lines in football in 2016. (Seahawks and Vikings)

Yeah our new Pears and the other guy who I forgot. Hopefully not.
Also ex-Rams Centre Tim Barnes.

I'll be honest I know very little about either of these guys so interested to hear more opinions
Share 49ersWebzone