LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Awesome MMQB Article from inside the 49er Draft Room - Long!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Historic...going to post it all here to make it easier for others:

How does that make it easier?
Now we are getting mad at people for posting articles lol.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Looks like they have an error on the next post:

"What the Bears paid to move from three to two for Trubisky: third- and fourth-round picks this year, and a 2018 fourth-round pick."

49ers got a 2018 3rd round pick. Not a 4th.
Originally posted by slowriot:
Gotta give Peter King the clicks, no? That's how he makes his $$

f**k Peter King. My thumb has develop arthritis from the 2 of you quoting.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Historic...going to post it all here to make it easier for others:

How does that make it easier?

It is an amazing article. Its neat to see paraag already found his groove and his skills are being maximized. Shannahan and Lynch seem to be clicking aswell. There is alot to look forward to.

It sounds like we got
Our number one non edge rusher DL
Our number one LB
Our number one QB
A top 5 RB for us (possible top 3)
And some solid system fit players.
lol at Parage having a cocktail to calm his nerve and excitement after the wheeling and dealing.

We need more drunks like McCloughan
Great article. I think the most interesting tidbits are:

1. We liked Lattimore enough to consider trading up for him.
  2. It seems like Foster was actually Lynch's #3 player and it wasn't just lip service (I would have gone absolutely ballistic if we took him in the top 5)
  3. We truly didn't know who the Bears were taking.
  4. Joe Williams wasn't even on our board as of Saturday morning.
  5. CJ Beathard was Shanahan's guy all along and the only QB he really wanted from this draft. In doing some research on the guy, he does seem to check a ton of boxes and his numbers were negatively impacted by things outside his control (see chart below).

Great article. Loved the piece about Joe Williams. I hope that works out because he's really talented.
5:21 PT. Lynch: "TRUBISKY!"

Marathe: "I TOLD YOU!"

Originally posted by Draftology:
Great article. I think the most interesting tidbits are:

1. We liked Lattimore enough to consider trading up for him.
  2. It seems like Foster was actually Lynch's #3 player and it wasn't just lip service (I would have gone absolutely ballistic if we took him in the top 5)
  3. We truly didn't know who the Bears were taking.
  4. Joe Williams wasn't even on our board as of Saturday morning.
  5. CJ Beathard was Shanahan's guy all along and the only QB he really wanted from this draft. In doing some research on the guy, he does seem to check a ton of boxes and his numbers were negatively impacted by things outside his control (see chart below).

What does this chart tell us? Difference between Adjusted Completion % and Completion %?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
What does this chart tell us? Difference between Adjusted Completion % and Completion %?
Adjusted Completion Percentage essentially normalizes for plays that negatively impact a QB's completion percentage that are out of his control. It removes spikes, drops, batted balls, etc. Beathard's adjusted completion percentage is 17.6% better than his regular completion percentage, meaning his numbers really don't tell the whole story.
Originally posted by Method:
yeah i dont like copy pasting the whole article here. posting clips is fine with me but IMO sites make money by having people click on their links and view their ads. that's a long ass article and peter deserves $$$

agree
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Now we are getting mad at people for posting articles lol.

Who said anyone was "mad"... I think they are just stating their opinions.
Originally posted by Draftology:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Adjusted Completion Percentage essentially normalizes for plays that negatively impact a QB's completion percentage that are out of his control. It removes spikes, drops, batted balls, etc. Beathard's adjusted completion percentage is 17.6% better than his regular completion percentage, meaning his numbers really don't tell the whole story.

Thanks
Share 49ersWebzone