There are 230 users in the forums

Thanks Lynch, 2017 Draft A Success.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't know why so many people are down on CJ? Sure we traded up for him, but he was basically our 4th round pick. We traded a 7th and that pick for the extremely late 3rd round pick that we used on CJ. Backup QB's these days cost an arm and a leg, if CJ (only) becomes a back up QB, his 4 year rookie deal will be saving us quite a bit of money by not needing to sign a spendy Vet to be the back up.

Then there's the upside, that in a year or two CJ might show that he's got starter material, and challenges for that spot or takes it over. Late 3rd/early 4th round QB's hardly ever become long term starting QB's, so it's not like we miss out if he (only becomes a cheap back up QB) for us. I trust that Shanny sees something he likes, and the good thing is that we don't have to worry about needing him to produce right away, because he'll start out 3rd string.
My only real issue with this draft was CJ.

But there is so many good picks ....... and at LEAST we understand why each of the picks are made, even CJ makes some sense.

IF they had to take a developmental pick on a QB at LEAST they did not reach with 1st or second round pick for a third string developmental player.
Really with we got Tomlinson.

2 years in a row we didn't take the NT I wanted
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by Heroism:
No ACL picks.

So glad this didn't happen

plus why deprive the poor kids of their loss of value insurance payouts

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/broncos-select-michigan-te-jake-butt-with-pick-no-145-in-nfl-draft/ar-BBAwSkJ?OCID=ansmsnnews11
i liked it. early rounds we went with BPA for most part, and late round we took kids with talent.
  • Eazy_
  • Veteran
Overall excellent first draft.
Thanks Jed.
Even though we only drafted one WR late in Taylor, Im excited to see we got a couple of steals as UDFAs in Bolden and Cannon. I look forward to seeing who steps up and comes out of that group.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
It was a very fun draft I think. The expectation was huge then right out the gate Baalke hits a home run. Then follows it up with another awesome value pick. From here people will disagree, but we picked up some nice talent. No ACLs so everybody will have a shot right away. Our team has plenty of spots that a good rookie can step into.

I don't care about giving out grades right now, but to me I feel satisfied with how it went.
Originally posted by Antix:
It was a very fun draft I think. The expectation was huge then right out the gate Baalke hits a home run. Then follows it up with another awesome value pick. From here people will disagree, but we picked up some nice talent. No ACLs so everybody will have a shot right away. Our team has plenty of spots that a good rookie can step into.

I don't care about giving out grades right now, but to me I feel satisfied with how it went.

Baalke's not here anymore

No real pass rush and no WR to be scared of so I'm on tha fence about it...
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Apr 29, 2017 at 7:44 PM ]
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
It's been a long while (Willis year draft) that was excited about the draft picks. I see hope and possibilities to returning to back to competitive and champion team...Thank you John Lynch and Coach Shanahan!! You get at A+ on your first draft.. thank you and go Niners!!!

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Antix:

Baalke's not here anymore

A slip I will never ever ever ever ever make again.

Lynch.
Originally posted by Fresno49er:
Even though we only drafted one WR late in Taylor, Im excited to see we got a couple of steals as UDFAs in Bolden and Cannon. I look forward to seeing who steps up and comes out of that group.

WR was addressed decently in free agency too. And as you mentioned, the UFA pick ups will make camp very competitive.
Originally posted by braap49er:
Originally posted by Heroism:
No ACL picks.

This!!
Amazing that there isn't someone that doesn't have to go on the PUP list right off the bat. Good job front office!
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Apr 29, 2017 at 9:19 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone