LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 151 users in the forums

Thanks Lynch, 2017 Draft A Success.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by awp8912:

Very good draft. No flyers on ACL's. Back-end draftees with real chances to make the team. A TRUE rebuild is afoot. Good job Lynch
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Apr 29, 2017 at 4:17 PM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CrookedCrown:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
6-10 is my guess. It's been my guess every year since 2015 though lol

Yeah, ideally we go 4-12/5-11, somewhere around that range that shows that the new coaches are better and the team has more promise. I want a lot of close losses. But I don't want to win enough to get us out of the top 5 picks.

Hell, if I really had it my way we'd go 2-14 and just take Sam Darnold at #1 overall. I think he's worth a season of misery.

I am pretty high on Sam too
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Crown:
6-10 is my guess. It's been my guess every year since 2015 though lol

Yeah, ideally we go 4-12/5-11, somewhere around that range that shows that the new coaches are better and the team has more promise. I want a lot of close losses. But I don't want to win enough to get us out of the top 5 picks.

Hell, if I really had it my way we'd go 2-14 and just take Sam Darnold at #1 overall. I think he's worth a season of misery.

I am pretty high on Sam too

Same, but he needs to play a full season before he's crowned imo, no pun intended.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
A+ draft
6-10, then 10-6
2018 Playoff Berth
Book it

FTFY
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
Good draft - really good draft, especially day 1. Probably unfair to a lot of other staff to lay it all at Lynch's feet but I guess if the buck stops with you when things go wrong you also get the lion's share of the credit.

Must be like night and day wheeling and dealing with Lynch on the phone as opposed to "Mr Personality" Baalke.
I Felt This draft was good but judging by the lack of cynicism in here my 6-7 win projection has been increased to 12. In all seriousness, a plan for Cousins in 2018 is setting up nicely but if it falls through, this regime has shown that it is qualified to figure out plan B. Brick by brick.
Originally posted by awp8912:

Your boy Kap will have a new team soon so you can go root for them.
Originally posted by Heroism:
No ACL picks.

So glad this didn't happen

Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
Your boy Kap will have a new team soon so you can go root for them.

Remember when you first started posting and you claimed you were stuck in a hotel/motel and you found this place and wanted to get a few points across and were just passing through so your opinions could be taken objectively................yeah
Great draft and UDFA so far, thank you Lynch.

I hope we win as many games as possible, Lynch had showed he'S not afraid to trade in the draft. If we need to trade down for a prospect, I have not doubt he will..

Just win baby, win!
*A year ago*

"You know if we just suck this year we could probably get DeSean Watson. He'd be a great QB!"

*One year later*

"Watson really sucks (even though he just won a National Championship). If we just suck this year though we could get Sam Darnold. He'd be a great QB!"

*One year later*

"Sam Darnold really sucks. If we just suck this year though we could get..."

They're literally nothing alike. Darnold is a much better pro prospect than Watson was.

How so? What's so special about this dude?
Very happy with the draft. B+
Originally posted by dirtyrottenscoundrel:
Very happy with the draft. B+

Could of had a solid A but that throw away trash pick C.J. Beatherd screwed it up

Share 49ersWebzone