LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 323 users in the forums

Thanks Lynch, 2017 Draft A Success.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's been a long while (Willis year draft) that was excited about the draft picks. I see hope and possibilities to returning to back to competitive and champion team...Thank you John Lynch and Coach Shanahan!! You get at A+ on your first draft.. thank you and go Niners!!!
Agreed, they are trying to make that defense great again. That being said, I hope we go 5-11 this year, or worse.
No ACL picks.
Originally posted by Heroism:
No ACL picks.

This!!
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
It's been a long while (Willis year draft) that was excited about the draft picks. I see hope and possibilities to returning to back to competitive and champion team...Thank you John Lynch and Coach Shanahan!! You get at A+ on your first draft.. thank you and go Niners!!!

+1
Originally posted by CrookedCrown:
Agreed, they are trying to make that defense great again. That being said, I hope we go 5-11 this year, or worse.

6-10 is my guess. It's been my guess every year since 2015 though lol
Give it a B-.

A lot better than the grades I have given Baalke in the past few drafts.
The picks are very promising, let's wait and see how they do out on the field with the pros.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
6-10 is my guess. It's been my guess every year since 2015 though lol

Yeah, ideally we go 4-12/5-11, somewhere around that range that shows that the new coaches are better and the team has more promise. I want a lot of close losses. But I don't want to win enough to get us out of the top 5 picks.

Hell, if I really had it my way we'd go 2-14 and just take Sam Darnold at #1 overall. I think he's worth a season of misery.

Why would you hope the niners would do worse? are you even a fan lol.

Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
Why would you hope the niners would do worse? are you even a fan lol.

Because, even if it takes 2 seasons more of sucking, I want Sam Darnold as the Qb of the 49ers. I feel like he has the ability to be the next Andrew Luck/great QB and the team is currently in a state where they can probably do something like that, tank for that prospect.

He's on the level of guys like Mariota/Winston already (when they were in college obviously), IMO, and that's as a redshirt Freshman.
[ Edited by CrookedCrown on Apr 29, 2017 at 4:02 PM ]
Hell, if I really had it my way we'd go 2-14 and just take Sam Darnold at #1 overall. I think he's worth a season of misery.

*A year ago*

"You know if we just suck this year we could probably get DeSean Watson. He'd be a great QB!"

*One year later*

"Watson really sucks (even though he just won a National Championship). If we just suck this year though we could get Sam Darnold. He'd be a great QB!"

*One year later*

"Sam Darnold really sucks. If we just suck this year though we could get..."
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
*A year ago*

"You know if we just suck this year we could probably get DeSean Watson. He'd be a great QB!"

*One year later*

"Watson really sucks (even though he just won a National Championship). If we just suck this year though we could get Sam Darnold. He'd be a great QB!"

*One year later*

"Sam Darnold really sucks. If we just suck this year though we could get..."

They're literally nothing alike. Darnold is a much better pro prospect than Watson was.
A+ draft
10-6
2017 Playoff Berth
Book it
Share 49ersWebzone