There are 195 users in the forums

49ers release S Adrian Colbert-Round 7, Pick 229

Shop 49ers game tickets
By saying this, in No way do I mean he's as good as earl Thomas, but the play against the rams and the range he showed is earl Thomas like. We just need that type of anticipation more often and could grow into the play making FS role.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Great breakdown! Colbert should be the starter hands down
Originally posted by steiber:
By saying this, in No way do I mean he's as good as earl Thomas, but the play against the rams and the range he showed is Earl Thomas like. We just need that type of anticipation more often and could grow into the play making FS role.

Funny you say that.

In Week 10, Colbert received his first career NFL start, and the rookie did not disappoint. As I stated in the Ward write up, Seattle Seahawks free safety Earl Thomas set the bar high for the single-high safeties across the league with his ability to play sideline to sideline, as well as make his presence felt around the line of scrimmage. Colbert flashed those same traits.
Love the missile. Guys like this strike fears in WRs, not Ward. Colbert and Tartt = goldson and whitner. Head busters
Originally posted by sacniner:
Love the missile. Guys like this strike fears in WRs, not Ward. Colbert and Tartt = goldson and whitner. Lumber Co.
FTFY
Love the missile. Guys like this strike fears in WRs, not Ward. Colbert and Tartt = goldson and whitner. Head busters

Yeah he looks legit.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Love the missile. Guys like this strike fears in WRs, not Ward. Colbert and Tartt = goldson and whitner. Lumber Co.
FTFY

except goldson and whitner focused on knocking people out, colbert and tartt are more than just knockout artist
  • thl408
^^Straight path from far hash to point of punishment.
  • thl408
That must have hurt.

Originally posted by TonyStarks:

That range is sick.
By saying this, in No way do I mean he's as good as earl Thomas, but the play against the rams and the range he showed is earl Thomas like. We just need that type of anticipation more often and could grow into the play making FS role.

He does flash some Earl Thomas type range and closing speed. He's a big time talent, that is for sure. Def excited about him and also Tartt. Those two could not only be a good starting safety tandem for us but a real special one. Both guys have pro bowl ability.
My favorite Colbert play was the hit he made on Texans' Hopkins. Hopkins was destroying us all day and Colbert came in and just blew up that play. Changed the game.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I'm in the minority but I can see why they ruled it a catch. He made a football move when he secured the pass and the ball was dislodged only after he hit the ground.

Agree

And now that we have some very good positional coaches he can develop to his potential.
Share 49ersWebzone