LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

49ers release S Adrian Colbert-Round 7, Pick 229

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
This. Ward would have to move back in the slot to compete with Williams. On some level I feel for Ward. Since being drafted in 2014 this guy has been moved around like my wife likes to move furniture.

Does the furniture break every time she moves it?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
This. Ward would have to move back in the slot to compete with Williams. On some level I feel for Ward. Since being drafted in 2014 this guy has been moved around like my wife likes to move furniture.

A players best ability is availability and he's been anything but that during his career.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Adrian can really help us out if he can win the FS spot. Would allows us to move Ward permanently to CB.
The more time that passes and things develop, the more that Ward seems to not be apart of the future. One can argue the same about an injury prone Eric Reid but small framed injury prone Jimmy scares me more than Reid.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

LOL

Is it for sure he won't be able to play this week...?

Disappointing. Really like him in the last game.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
if Colbert can become a valuable starter, it would do wonders for our cap space for the next 3 years.

Keeping Ward would be best though. If Colbert shines, my guess would be that we Ward back to CB and will slide over to FS if Colbert goes down. Good insurance.

Going into FA and the draft with this starting secondary would be great. they would all be on very cap friendly contracts too.
-FS Colbert
-SS Tartt
-RCB Witherspoon
-LCB Ward
-SLOT Williams

Jimmie Ward is not an outside corner in this scheme. He's way too small. Corners in this scheme need to be able to body up a WR and maintain leverage using their size and the boundary.

Yeah, even IF they decide to keep him around, I'd have him compete with Williams inside.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
if Colbert can become a valuable starter, it would do wonders for our cap space for the next 3 years.

Keeping Ward would be best though. If Colbert shines, my guess would be that we Ward back to CB and will slide over to FS if Colbert goes down. Good insurance.

Going into FA and the draft with this starting secondary would be great. they would all be on very cap friendly contracts too.
-FS Colbert
-SS Tartt
-RCB Witherspoon
-LCB Ward
-SLOT Williams

Jimmie Ward is not an outside corner in this scheme. He's way too small. Corners in this scheme need to be able to body up a WR and maintain leverage using their size and the boundary.

Yeah, even IF they decide to keep him around, I'd have him compete with Williams inside.

Its not a necessity IMO.. If he loses to Colbert hed make a great backup to all the DB spots.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Lulz
Well he's out this week. Hopefully he can get back on the field soon

I rewatched the Giants game and man, he does look a lot like a young Dashon Goldson. I know it's just one game, but you can't help but be excited about this kids future. He def has a lot of raw and natural talent.

It won't open for me, subscription based?
Originally posted by illinois9er:

It won't open for me, subscription based?

Hit the link.. The " t.co " one.

Nice article nc, thanks
Share 49ersWebzone