There are 233 users in the forums

Pita Taumoepenu, DE, Utah

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
He should be better already than Harold and Brooks.

boi, u trippin.

the hate for brooks reminds me of the hate for goldson. Sure he gets penalties here and there that can and should be avoided, but dude is a playmaker. One of the best OLBs in the game.

Yeah, but he's on his last legs. How old is he? Like 45?

Same people who hate on Brooks probably the ones who love AA

Brooks is going to retire a 49er ...if we were going to get rid of him , we would have done it by now, his age is only a number, he's still got some whoop ass left in the tank

Agree

Unless he's one of those players that just won't let go when the should and end up w/ a desperate team.

IMO, Kyle and Lynch won't keep him around if he can't do the job.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Bored so I'm just going through YouTube looking for football stuff lol

who's narrating that? Napoleon Dynamite?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
does that dude think he's clever with his "Look out block" commentary? That s**t has been around forever.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Aldon had a great bull rush move that was a perfect counter to his speed rush. If Pita only does a speed rush, given how elite NFL level athletes are, it will be easy for a good RB or a FB to take him out of the play. Pita won't be able to dominate NFL players with just his speed, they way he did in college. I hope he has counters to his speed rush. Haley had a devastating inside move that really wrong footed the left tackles he faced. Pita will need to develop counters to his initial speed rush move. If he doesn't he will be gone next year, in my opinion.

Good post!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by CityKing415:
He should be better already than Harold and Brooks.

boi, u trippin.

the hate for brooks reminds me of the hate for goldson. Sure he gets penalties here and there that can and should be avoided, but dude is a playmaker. One of the best OLBs in the game.

Yeah, but he's on his last legs. How old is he? Like 45?

Same people who hate on Brooks probably the ones who love AA

Brooks is going to retire a 49er ...if we were going to get rid of him , we would have done it by now, his age is only a number, he's still got some whoop ass left in the tank

Agree

Unless he's one of those players that just won't let go when the should and end up w/ a desperate team.

IMO, Kyle and Lynch won't keep him around if he can't do the job.

I low key kinda hope Brooks shows enough where he gets a year extension. If Lynch shows enough I'd give him a Carradine type of extension.
He's got maintenance crew potential when he retires.

"I was like, 'Pita, come up and get breakfast!' " he said. "I couldn't find him. I looked outside in the back and he had dug up all the weeds from one side of the fence to the other before anyone else had gotten up. He got up and weeded the back garden, just to show his worth. At that point, I was like, 'This kid is not going to have any problems. He's going to work hard.' "

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article153079599.html
Originally posted by zonkers:

"I was like, 'Pita, come up and get breakfast!' " he said. "I couldn't find him. I looked outside in the back and he had dug up all the weeds from one side of the fence to the other before anyone else had gotten up. He got up and weeded the back garden, just to show his worth. At that point, I was like, 'This kid is not going to have any problems. He's going to work hard.' "

Excited to see what he can do on the field
Originally posted by zonkers:

LOL...dude might be able to help our sod crew.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Bored so I'm just going through YouTube looking for football stuff lol

who's narrating that? Napoleon Dynamite?

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Pita doesn't need to win a lot, imo. If he can make the QB step up into the pocket, that's going to set the table for AA, DeFo, and Thomas on the inside.

And there you go, as to why to have the best 11, which includes the BIG 3, where nobody is going to double all three of them ,hence somebody gets to the QB...and if that's Pita, fine. Every OL is going to have trouble with Solly, AA, and Buck. They all need doubles...and there just aren't that many OLs on the LOS.

Personally, I'll be watching how Pita rushes inside on a stunt. Can he deal with traffic? Does he have the upper body and hand strength to occupy and *hold* (without getting caught) the two blockers while guys like Solomon rush around to get to the QB. All that stuff is technique, arm strength, hand strength and upper body stuff. A lot of offensive lines couldn't deal with Haley rushing inside and Lett coming around the corner on those stunts. It made Haley's outside speed rush that much more effective.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Pita doesn't need to win a lot, imo. If he can make the QB step up into the pocket, that's going to set the table for AA, DeFo, and Thomas on the inside.

And there you go, as to why to have the best 11, which includes the BIG 3, where nobody is going to double all three of them ,hence somebody gets to the QB...and if that's Pita, fine. Every OL is going to have trouble with Solly, AA, and Buck. They all need doubles...and there just aren't that many OLs on the LOS.

Personally, I'll be watching how Pita rushes inside on a stunt. Can he deal with traffic? Does he have the upper body and hand strength to occupy and *hold* (without getting caught) the two blockers while guys like Solomon rush around to get to the QB. All that stuff is technique, arm strength, hand strength and upper body stuff. A lot of offensive lines couldn't deal with Haley rushing inside and Lett coming around the corner on those stunts. It made Haley's outside speed rush that much more effective.

I have a feeling we'll see a lot of stunts this year.
Cunning Stunts.
PS candidate or will he make the 53?
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
PS candidate or will he make the 53?

I hope not .Pita disappears once that happens. He makes the 53 or someone will take him off our hands on the PS.
Share 49ersWebzone