LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

DJ Jones-DT-Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
Longshot, but I'd love it if he could be the guy on base downs in a year or 2. When you are drafted to a 2 - 14 team, you have an great opportunity as a rookie to impress coaches. Especially when they aren't married to any particular guys.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Wasn't he on that Last Chance U show?

yep haha

Was he though? I know he went to Last chance U but I don't know if he was on the show. The DJ I remember from that show was a running back.

Fun fact, Quinton Dial also went there.
[ Edited by shmuck on Apr 30, 2017 at 1:28 PM ]
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Nice nose tackle pick, I've seen mocks where he was going as high as the late 3rd round. Rotational lineman with a solid motor and athleticism who excels against the run and will hold his own against double teams.

I give this pick an A just because he'll kick Purcell's ass off the roster.

Yea. That is worth the price of admission. No more zero tech for dial either. Double snap.
Well, his combine showed he was not just a big fast man at 310-320, but an athlete also. Film shows he has excellent hand eye coordination, and God help the guy he tackles. Also like his on field attitude. Excellent coordination, and I would love to see him stick. If so, he definitely gets playing time. And Purcell...gonna be tough for him to beat out DJ Jones.
Beyond what Jones brings, it shows growing evidence Lynch/Shanahan listen to their coordinators/coaches. Saleh loves NT's with a strong lower base, and DJ has that in abundance. There should be some brutal competition to pare 13 DL down to probably 7. I feel DJ will be among that 7. Either Dial or Chris Jones could be on the bubble. I see Armstead, Blair, Buckner, DJ Jones, Thomas, Mitchell and Chris Jones making the squad. I could be wrong, but Chris has more quickness than Dial, and that might give him an edge.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Beyond what Jones brings, it shows growing evidence Lynch/Shanahan listen to their coordinators/coaches. Saleh loves NT's with a strong lower base, and DJ has that in abundance. There should be some brutal competition to pare 13 DL down to probably 7. I feel DJ will be among that 7. Either Dial or Chris Jones could be on the bubble. I see Armstead, Blair, Buckner, DJ Jones, Thomas, Mitchell and Chris Jones making the squad. I could be wrong, but Chris has more quickness than Dial, and that might give him an edge.

I would say you're right ,but damn only 2 out of Brooks,Carradine,Harold, Lynch,Watson and Pita make the team?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Longshot, but I'd love it if he could be the guy on base downs in a year or 2. When you are drafted to a 2 - 14 team, you have an great opportunity as a rookie to impress coaches. Especially when they aren't married to any particular guys.

Don't think so. There are so many NTs in the league who are former 4th-7th round picks. Most NT's take some time to develop and it isn't a big position of need. He looks like someone who can actually start or be good DT depth in a couple years from now.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I want him to fall and sit on Russell Wilson. Lol
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

Agree, Corva, but TC will tell the tale. there is a good chance that 4 new guys make the DL....wouldn't that be something?
5. D.J. Jones, DL, Ole Miss: Another rarely talked about prospect, Jones was a -- sorry, Rebels -- bulldog for Ole Miss in the middle. He's not a guy who collects a lot of stats (just 8.5 TFLs the last two years), but he was excellent at pushing plays toward his teammates. Jones went in the sixth round (No. 198) to the San Francisco 49ers, which is probably about right for him, but he's solid against the run and could develop into a quality nose tackle in the future.

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/129120/five-nfl-draft-sleepers-from-the-sec

What i would like to see is AA, Buck, Solomon, and DJ Jones on the DL. I think that would be an impressive D Line and would give opponents cause to pause.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Don't think so. There are so many NTs in the league who are former 4th-7th round picks. Most NT's take some time to develop and it isn't a big position of need. He looks like someone who can actually start or be good DT depth in a couple years from now.

Correct, but I still don't bank on those things. I think he definitely can be depth. If he is a starter by 2019 or even 2020, the pick is a homerun.
I think he is probably bust if he is still bust on preseason then cut or release him.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
I think he is probably bust if he is still bust on preseason then cut or release him.

I don't think a 6th rounder can be a bust.
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by BuZzB05:

I don't think a 6th rounder can be a bust.

Well. I looked him on highlights video that he looks likes a bust!
Share 49ersWebzone