LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 183 users in the forums

WR Trent Taylor-Round 5-Pick 177

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Trent " Impulse " Taylor would be leading the league in receptions had he been under the Patriots offense.
I know it's early in their careers, but Taylor has outperformed Ryan Switzer, who is a guy many of us wanted. Switzer has more talent in front of him, but he's not nearly as effective as a punt returner
he's a waste of a pick in this offense. he gets open every time, but he's a 1st down possession receiver which doesn't seem to fit in this offense i guess...it's not like slot receivers that can consistently get open and pick up 4-6 yards works. no wonder that Brady guy is such a bust.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
he's a waste of a pick in this offense. he gets open every time, but he's a 1st down possession receiver which doesn't seem to fit in this offense i guess...it's not like slot receivers that can consistently get open and pick up 4-6 yards works. no wonder that Brady guy is such a bust.

A waste of a pick? We took him in the 5th round, hes a rookie that caught passes from Hoyer and Beathard, not Brady. Hes also done a solid job as our starting PR.
Originally posted by saniner:
I know it's early in their careers, but Taylor has outperformed Ryan Switzer, who is a guy many of us wanted. Switzer has more talent in front of him, but he's not nearly as effective as a punt returner

Too early to judge either one of them
Finally got a solid looking receiver for their role. Looking forward to bigger and better things.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

A waste of a pick? We took him in the 5th round, hes a rookie that caught passes from Hoyer and Beathard, not Brady. Hes also done a solid job as our starting PR.

Sarcasm?
My boy TT is gonna ball out now that we have a real QB
Too early to judge either one of them

I don't think so necessarily, you can tell Trent is the better return man.

It is harsh to judge Switzer as a WR when he plays behind one of the best slot WR's in the game.

Trent has already jumped out and shown that he has great potential as a slot WR, when you're talking about a 5th round pick you can judge that he was a very good selection
Originally posted by 9moon:
Trent " Impulse " Taylor would be leading the league in receptions had he been under the Patriots offense.

My boy TT is gonna ball out now that we have a real QB

This, and this together, I wish we had just put someone from this offense as our starting QB!!!!!!

Kyle and Jimmy going to get their heads together for more ways to feature him

• jrg
  • Veteran
obviously doesn't matter in real life, but this dude is a MONSTER on madden
Originally posted by jrg:
obviously doesn't matter in real life, but this dude is a MONSTER on madden

Jimmy got dat madden accuracy
hes gonna be deadly once garoppolo starts getting comfortable. If he has the same tendencies as brady, he will love his short, quick white receivers lol.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
hes gonna be deadly once garoppolo starts getting comfortable. If he has the same tendencies as brady, he will love his short, quick white receivers lol.

Yup lol. Used to it from practice
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Yup lol. Used to it from practice

Quick white receivers, lol. That's funny.
Share 49ersWebzone