LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

Joe Williams - RB, Utah

Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
"The GM also mentioned rookie Joe Williams showed up to the facility out of shape in April, but left on a really strong note."

This statement surprises me. I know you'll have people say it's no big deal, but I'm surprised if this kids wants it bad enough, why wouldn't he come into camp in top shape?

Not that uncommon with rookies when they're flying around doing interviews and having dinners with teams.

He may not be Jerry Rice work ethic wise but nothing to worry about yet.

Probably thought he was in good enough shape... good wake up call from Lynch. He's pushing him to be great and lead by example for the following years and going forward.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Remember last week when people wanted to trade Hyde for a sandwich.
Pretty disappointing if the chatter about him being out of shape is true
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Pretty disappointing if the chatter about him being out of shape is true

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. I think he brings something unique to the table. But people acting like this dude is a #1 RB is ridiculous. He was a mid round pick not only due to his retirement, but because he isn't a complete back.
  • titan
  • Veteran
They are saying he is a questionable 3rd? Whaaaat!
Originally posted by titan:

He's a rookie with about a month or two of work put in let's relax and have some patience with these rookies

Haha right? Never fails fans love unknowns
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:

He's a rookie with about a month or two of work put in let's relax and have some patience with these rookies

LOL...that's a good line for NT and the instant-generation.
  • titan
  • Veteran

I'm relaxed, but he can't...there another Rookie that would like that 3rd spot.

Yep! Hyde may not be healthy all the time but he works hard and doesn't have character issues like JW.

Two different skills sets. Hightower will back up Hyde and Breida will back up Williams. He'll get plenty of snaps in compliment of Hyde...the 1-2 punch like in Atlanta. That said, Breida has a chance to beat him out at RB2.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Two different skills sets. Hightower will back up Hyde and Breida will back up Williams. He'll get plenty of snaps in compliment of Hyde...the 1-2 punch like in Atlanta. That said, Breida has a chance to beat him out at RB2.

Totally understand. I know a lot were crazy talks about him beating out Hyde, so hearing that he may get pushed by Breida is news to me. Regardless I'm happy with our RB's!!!
[ Edited by titan on Aug 4, 2017 at 7:21 AM ]

Totally understand. I know a lot were crazy talks about him beating out Hyde, so hearing that he may get pushed by Breida is news to me. Regardless I'm happy with our RB's!!!

I think we can easily keep 4 RB's. Honestly think RB's make better special teamers than LB's and WR's mainly due to their combination of speed and strength.
How many RB's have the Niners washed through the roster the past couple years? More than 4 per year I would guess.

For sure!!
Share 49ersWebzone