LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Joe Williams - RB, Utah

Bam!!! Great pick. Can run between the tackles and hit home runs. Think he was the second fastest in this draft class.

One thing of note. I watched every game last season. He was a different back when he came back. He played with a ton of heart and ran hard everytime he ran the ball. I'm not worried about Joe at all. He was the heart of the team when he came back.
Glen Coffee
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Apr 29, 2017 at 10:12 AM ]
Originally posted by Dino:
What? How many RBs do we need? Hyde, Harris, Hightower, Bibbs and now Williams

What's wrong with competition? Bibbs was undrafted, Williams is a mid round pick with a ton of talent, Hightower is decent but far from special. Let them battle it out and keep the best
  • dj43

Harris is a likely cut. Too many fumbles. Hightower was a nice pickup but will have to beat out the younger guys. Sometimes you sign a guy early to cover you in case you can't find something else better later.
Originally posted by dirtyrottenscoundrel:
Bam!!! Great pick. Can run between the tackles and hit home runs. Think he was the second fastest in this draft class.

One thing of note. I watched every game last season. He was a different back when he came back. He played with a ton of heart and ran hard everytime he ran the ball. I'm not worried about Joe at all. He was the heart of the team when he came back.

Our Tevin Coleman
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Retired because his sister died, I think.

He retired because his sister died when he was 13. Its not like it just suddenly happened while he in college. I hope the guy got whatever helped he needed to work through his issues but there's definitely a concern there.

He also got kicked out of one college for stealing stuff as well.
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
What's wrong with competition? Bibbs was undrafted, Williams is a mid round pick with a ton of talent, Hightower is decent but far from special. Let them battle it out and keep the best

Agreed
  • dj43
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Sounds like another Borland.

Entirely different issue.
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

Agreed. Hightower is 30-years-old and has only 300k guaranteed on his contract. He's hardly a player that should stand in the way of us drafting a running back with upside. It's not even a lock that Hightower will make the 53. Ditto for DuJuan Harris, who will turn 29 before the season starts.

Dont forget about Mike Davis!

Like this kid a lot. A 3rd rd player IMO but is he fully committed to playing football...
Originally posted by dj43:

Harris is a likely cut. Too many fumbles. Hightower was a nice pickup but will have to beat out the younger guys. Sometimes you sign a guy early to cover you in case you can't find something else better later.

Exactly. Creating competition. We don't have our fqb, so we need as many talented players in the run game as possible. I expect a combination of Harris, hightower, Davis, or Bibbs to get cut.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He retired because his sister died when he was 13. Its not like it just suddenly happened while he in college. I hope the guy got whatever helped he needed to work through his issues but there's definitely a concern there.

[/b]He also got kicked out of one college for stealing stuff as well.[b]

He was on his best behavior as fare as stealing and all that just the issues with his sisters death he had to deal with.
Joe Williams on his character, commitment: "I can assure the 49ers organization and the fans that bthey're getting a completely new person."

Ayyyyy
What did we give up to move up for him?
Share 49ersWebzone