There are 212 users in the forums

Joe Williams - RB, Utah

Originally posted by TheRambler:
Discuss

Im a huge Ute fan. this kid has all the talent in the world. Off field/character concerns are his biggest hold up.
Sounds like another Borland.
  • cools
  • Veteran
why did we trade for Bibbs then? one of these guys wont even make the team
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Off the field issues and dude already retired-----while still in college. Undeniable talent but very risky.

Retired because his sister died, I think.

Seems like a good enough excuse to me. If he's over the grief, I think he will be good for us.....
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Off the field issues and dude already retired-----while still in college. Undeniable talent but very risky.

issues with family he couldn't handle as a young student.... maybe with our support system here in the Pros...it'll be easier to get through tough times for him.
I didn't really understand the story. It said that when he was 13, his 7-year-old sister died. How did the death of his sister cause him to abruptly retire in college 5-6 years later? I know PTSD is a thing but the story is kind of inconsistent.
Heard them say on NFLN that he had family issues to deal with. Hopefully it's settled now.
  • Jiks
I don't recall any off the field issues... He retired because his heart and body were broken. He was a ghost of himself before, but came back and played amazing.

If he gets in an open field nobody can catch him.
315 yards 4 tds in one game vs ucla nuff said.
[ Edited by maya0724 on Apr 29, 2017 at 10:07 AM ]
  • Dino
  • Veteran
What? How many RBs do we need? Hyde, Harris, Hightower, Bibbs and now Williams
Solid pick

What a steal!!
  • dj43
Originally posted by martysofresh:
He's gonna our Tevin Coleman. Great story. Can't wait to see what he becomes.

That was my immediate thought when I heard the pick. Kyle knows what he wants and what works.
He was also suspended for credit card theft in hs so it may go further than his family issues. Very talented but is a real red flag.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Apr 29, 2017 at 10:10 AM ]
Originally posted by cools:
why did we trade for Bibbs then? one of these guys wont even make the team

To help Denver plus he fits the system. Competition as well.
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

issues with family he couldn't handle as a young student.... maybe with our support system here in the Pros...it'll be easier to get through tough times for him.
I didn't really understand the story. It said that when he was 13, his 7-year-old sister died. How did the death of his sister cause him to abruptly retire in college 5-6 years later? I know PTSD is a thing but the story is kind of inconsistent.

Grief takes a long time. Heard he blamed himself for his sister's death.
Share 49ersWebzone