LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

49ers trade for RB Kapri Bibbs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Analysis

Strengths Good initial quickness. Nice vision and balance. Has one-cut ability -- shows burst when he sticks his foot in the ground and gets upfield. Runs hard. Will be a 21-year-old rookie and has tread on his tires.

Weaknesses Average power and tackle-breaking ability. Lacks extra gear to pull away. Questionable third-down ability -- minimal production/exposure as a receiver and pass protection needs work. Does not adjust to throws or catch naturally. Carries the ball loosely. One-year wonder. Showed he could be contained (Alabama, Boise St., Utah St.). Recorded a 29-inch vertical jump. Draft Projection Priority free agent Bottom Line Compactly built, productive, monotone runner lacking exceptional traits to distinguish himself from other recyclable backs. Would have been better served returning to school, if for no other reason than to improve in pass protection. Workout numbers could dictate draft value.
Originally posted by dirtyrottenscoundrel:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
What do you hate about that?

Honestly, I'm still pissed about the trade up last night. Not a bad trade. But at the same time, why did we need to trade for Bibbs?

Why not? It ain't like this team is loaded.. he knows the system and the team needs as much players as they can get.
[ Edited by 49ersOnMINE on Apr 29, 2017 at 9:38 AM ]

Also wanted a more change of pace back in this draft. Wanted the 49ers to draft Joe Williams out of Utah in the 6-7th round. The Bibbs trade probably means that won't happen
I didn't know you could trade a compensatory pick.
Also wanted a more change of pace back in this draft. Wanted the 49ers to draft Joe Williams out of Utah in the 6-7th round. The Bibbs trade probably means that won't happen

Thank goodness. The 49ers only draft guys who retire right AFTER, not BEFORE they are drafted.
We need a back with more versatility he's a little redundant. We need a back that can be a threat in the pass game.
Originally posted by NJNiner:

First year it's allowed
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:

Honestly, I'm still pissed about the trade up last night. Not a bad trade. But at the same time, why did we need to trade for Bibbs?

Why not? It ain't like this team is loaded.. he knows the system and the team needs as much players as they can get.

People acting like Myles Garrett was sitting there and we took this scrub qb instead

It was literally a 4th and 7th round pick for a project qb that fits the system we run. No reason to be upset. We didn't give up a lot, a 4th rounder is never a sure thing. The 7th rounder most likely wouldn't have made our team
Not bad like the extra 5th avg 4.4 carries a game and can catch the ball

based on only 29 carries and 129 yards.

basically one game production.

I need to see some video of the kid...but damn I don't think it was worth it. He had a 4.67, for a RB. (ran injured supposedly)

This is the first year that you can.

I like the pick
Don't really care about the player, hasn't played
Originally posted by slowriot:

First year it's allowed

Ah! Thanks for the update!
Wow so we definitely cannot draft an RB now that we traded for him it's not like we aren't allowed to draft a rb.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Thank goodness. The 49ers only draft guys who retire right AFTER, not BEFORE they are drafted.

This
  • titan
  • Veteran
Good experienced player in the system. I like what we are doing. Minimize inexperience as we build a solid foundation for the future.
Share 49ersWebzone