QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Rascal:
Who?

Generational third stringer
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Did Paraag make this pick
This makes no sense?! I'm pissed. I know shany knows what he's doing, but if that's your guy, u were 3-4 picks away. No need to trade up?? What did we give up to take this dude who was projected 6-7th round pick??

Interesting. Shanny pick. Like a bigger version of Brees and some similarity to Cousins.
Pure garbage. Shanahan's offense is so convoluted that in order to run it you need someone who lacks all the other areas that a good QB possesses, just so they can get the offense down, to begin with.

Feel bad for the kid, cause other than Matty Ice, no one ends up a winner.
This was weirder than most of Baalke's weirdest picks. Most people had this guy going anywhere from the 5th round to undrafted. He's a career backup QB type with a very limited arm, inconsistent accuracy, not great pocket presence, basically a subpar game manager.

Super bright, picks up offenses easily and comes out of a pro style offense but my mind is blown that they actually traded up to take the 4th or 5th best QB that was available at that point.
first pick i simply don't get....Peterman is better in every measureable way.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Dang I thought shanny liked dude with arms?

He has a cannon arm.

He has a a dime-store water pistol for an arm.

Huh.

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by father49er:

Interesting. Shanny pick. Like a bigger version of Brees and some similarity to Cousins.

Lets not get crazy now lol
Shanhan better have really liked and seen something in him to pick him over peterman or even kaaya. Played Pro-style system and a pretty good td-int ratio... I'm going to trust him if they really think they had to jump other teams to get him.

We got rid of Kap for this?!!!!!!!!!!
Why why. We don't need trade up to grab CJ Beathard. Oh my gosh! I wanted Peterman! Come on Shanny.
Originally posted by slowriot:
Eric Galko‏Verified account @OptimumScouting 3m3 minutes agoMore

CJ Beathard set to be Kirk Cousins long-term backup for the #49ers. Shocking that he went above Nathan Peterman.

This. If you're drafting a guy to be a backup, at least take someone who has a high enough ceiling to potentially become a starter down the road. Beathard just seems to be like a huge reach.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This was weirder than most of Baalke's weirdest picks. Most people had this guy going anywhere from the 5th round to undrafted. He's a career backup QB type with a very limited arm, inconsistent accuracy, not great pocket presence, basically a subpar game manager.

Super bright, picks up offenses easily and comes out of a pro style offense but my mind is blown that they actually traded up to take the 4th or 5th best QB that was available at that point.

He was the best QB available according to Shanny.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Dang I thought shanny liked dude with arms?

He has a cannon arm.

not true
Share 49ersWebzone