There are 253 users in the forums

Ahkello Witherspoon, CB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GoldenGateGlory:
It is known around the traps how well he is going as a pass defender but people are saying his tackling is poor. Aren't you reading anything from training camp?

Getting Witherspoon in the third round could be a steal. At College, Per PFF, Witherspoon saw his passer rating allowed improve in each of his three seasons at Colorado.

Witherspoon only allowed 3 catches deep I think , he was very good at defending those

Witherspoon will miss some tackles, oh well. He's got that Richard Sherman thing where if the dudes open he can put his hands up and still has a 50% chance of stopping the ball. He's also got a great short shuttle which means he can fix mistakes.

Witherspoon has the frame for press

Witherspoon has a lot to like as far as skill set; he's long, athletic, has patient feet, and looks like a really good scheme fit as a press man/cover 3 CB. And that shows on film: He's athletic enough to mirror John Ross on a go route.

As soon as training camp starts we'll be sure to read all the stories coming out. Until then Witherspoon has had SOME snaps with the first team offense with Robinson out. He's had ups and downs. Nowhere out there has he looked unbeatable.

So you're either trolling or delusionaly optimistic.

I loved the pick and very excited to see the kid grow and hope he can be even half the player you're making him out to be but how about a little dose of reality?

Not to mention when you're posting just to post it takes away a lot from your point. And I'm pretty sure you've legit argued against yourself in some of these threads like 2-3 posts apart from each other.
Originally posted by genus49:
It is known around the traps how well he is going as a pass defender but people are saying his tackling is poor. Aren't you reading anything from training camp?

Getting Witherspoon in the third round could be a steal. At College, Per PFF, Witherspoon saw his passer rating allowed improve in each of his three seasons at Colorado.

Witherspoon only allowed 3 catches deep I think , he was very good at defending those

Witherspoon will miss some tackles, oh well. He's got that Richard Sherman thing where if the dudes open he can put his hands up and still has a 50% chance of stopping the ball. He's also got a great short shuttle which means he can fix mistakes.

Witherspoon has the frame for press

Witherspoon has a lot to like as far as skill set; he's long, athletic, has patient feet, and looks like a really good scheme fit as a press man/cover 3 CB. And that shows on film: He's athletic enough to mirror John Ross on a go route.

As soon as training camp starts we'll be sure to read all the stories coming out. Until then Witherspoon has had SOME snaps with the first team offense with Robinson out. He's had ups and downs. Nowhere out there has he looked unbeatable.

So you're either trolling or delusionaly optimistic.

I loved the pick and very excited to see the kid grow and hope he can be even half the player you're making him out to be but how about a little dose of reality?

Not to mention when you're posting just to post it takes away a lot from your point. And I'm pretty sure you've legit argued against yourself in some of these threads like 2-3 posts apart from each other.

You guys haven't hid his posts yet? It makes every page look kinda ridiculous with all the blank posts but it's worth it.
Originally posted by walker807:
You guys haven't hid his posts yet? It makes every page look kinda ridiculous with all the blank posts but it's worth it.

How the F you do that??
Originally posted by illinois9er:

How the F you do that??

Click the persons username on the very left under where it says the time of the post. Once it redirects you to the next page, on the left you'll see a few buttons and one of them says "hide posts by ________" . Right below " add as a friend."
Minicamp is what I am talking about. This guy has been perhaps the No 1 sensation of that time period.
some of you guys need to get with the program and read up about the tither and the hither of my 9ers and how we are travelling but you know; you will be the guys who scream out I told you so when Ahkello Witherspoon is All Pro.
But I don't mind.
We are 9er brethren together and we all forge ahead in the direction of trying to understand the complex nature of the pathway for success of the 9ers.
I say our D and esp our secondary is going to be the driving force here.
This is what success looks like; my 9er brothers.

And Ahkello Witherspoon will be a huge part of that.
If he starts week1 that would be a great start for me. Im taking things one day at a time while keeping the future in mind.
You are so right SC, one day at a time Sweet Jesus and again; as I have said, time and again in this forum; this year is a building year and one we will totally have to look at in the rear view mirror as we reflect on progress.

Rookies gonna get burnt.

Defensive linesmen gonna eat hamburgers

But that it not the point.

We want to see personal progress on the field.

What are we gonna see that we can grow on and build around

It reminds me of the Betty Milder song "The ROSE"

The seed; that with the suns love; in the Spring becomes THE ROSE

and that is the way we gotta look at all our Players this Year, my 49er brothers.
[ Edited by GoldenGateGlory on Jun 21, 2017 at 3:41 PM ]
Minicamp is what I am talking about. This guy has been perhaps the No 1 sensation of that time period.
some of you guys need to get with the program and read up about the tither and the hither of my 9ers and how we are travelling but you know; you will be the guys who scream out I told you so when Ahkello Witherspoon is All Pro.
But I don't mind.
We are 9er brethren together and we all forge ahead in the direction of trying to understand the complex nature of the pathway for success of the 9ers.

Ok honest question. Where did you read he was that good in camp?
It is all over the Net and the local beat writers reported it too, plus every report on the Radio.
it might be overbeat because basically what else have they got to say; but still.....

if you listen; you can hear the sound of the Bears in the Woods or a Tree Crashing.

It is all there for you.

please try and pay attention, my main man.
But I don't mind.

Ok honest question. Where did you read he was that good in camp?

Lol good luck with that

It is all over the Net and the local beat writers reported it too, plus every report on the Radio.
it might be overbeat because basically what else have they got to say; but still.....

if you listen; you can hear the sound of the Bears in the Woods or a Tree Crashing.

It is all there for you.

Sounds like you've been smoking some of those trees and maybe licking some of the left overs the Bears leave behind because nobody claimed Witherspoon has been a shutdown corner.

Come down from that crazy mountain and maybe we can have some normal conversations. Don't have to be crazy to be optimistic about the team.

It is all there for you.

Sounds like you've been smoking some of those trees and maybe licking some of the left overs the Bears leave behind because nobody claimed Witherspoon has been a shutdown corner.

Come down from that crazy mountain and maybe we can have some normal conversations. Don't have to be crazy to be optimistic about the team.

LOL, this guy has enthusiasm at east, right? The unsubstantiated claims and low-key condescension can get old, but I try to give a dude a couple months of crazy posts before they get blocked, just to see if they figure it out and find their way. So far, I've only blocked one dude, and it was a solid choice. I haven't once felt like I've been missing out on something.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by illinois9er:

How the F you do that??

Click the persons username on the very left under where it says the time of the post. Once it redirects you to the next page, on the left you'll see a few buttons and one of them says "hide posts by ________" . Right below " add as a friend."

Lol thank you for this bro
Time will tell who is right and who is wrong; but I am backing my Man Witherspoon on this one.
Found this to be an exiting read. Seems to have some food flexibility in the secondary, hopefully they pan out
http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article162630398.html
Share 49ersWebzone