LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 376 users in the forums

49ers FLEECE Chi. How many sacks will Solly have on Trubiski Dec 3?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers FLEECE Chi. How many sacks will Solly have on Trubiski Dec 3?

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I never liked calling it a "Fleece". And i dont recall Lynch saying that either - He said Chicago GM got his guy and we got ours.

If Trubisky pans out kudos to them and why didn't we take that chance? Its all fair questioning.

Well I'm not the only one saying it but, yes of coarse "FLEECE" is a bit strong especially when the whole thing was Chicago's idea. The 49ers just said to themselves "Are these guys serious?!? Lets see how much more we can get out of them" Everyone was just scratching their heads about how much they gave up especially when Truby would have been there anyway, Throw in the fact that they gave a stiff like Glennon so much $ and they look doubly foolish

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by ChadTrubisky:
My God, do you take EVERYTHING as an insult? Get a grip and get over yourself.

Rodgers was behind Favre in the first place because he free fell in the draft. The poster I was responding to said it was ridiculous to think Trubisky is in Rodgers/Favre/Romo's class based on Trubisky's numbers from his first start, and I was simply pointing out that by merely playing as early as he has, he is already ahead of all three of them at the same stage of their careers, making his attempt at a point idiotic.

I'm talking about what people who actually understand how to evaluate football talent can see just by watching guys play. It is clear as day how good Trubisky is going to be, assuming he stays healthy. You can't teach his ability to escape the rush and make throws on the run. You can't teach his accuracy. Those are the big time attributes you're looking for in an NFL QB (along with decision making).

Apparently you dont read your own posts. And you clearly havent read the rules here.

Classic troll control!
Will John Fox call a pass play for ST to get a sack? They're 2-1 since Tebowski took over but God d* are they hiding him.
He went ghost mode again today. Not worth the # 3pick.
  • zero
  • Veteran
If you could have negitave sacks I'd vote for that.
The trade is going to be irrelevant. Until we get our franchise QB, this draft should be remembered as the one we passed on Deshaun Watson. Solomon could turn out to be the next BY and it wouldn't matter, franchise QBs are that much more important, can't win without one.
Well it looks like Solly may not get that sack after all but not b/c "Tebowski" isn't playing as most predicted earlier but cuz Solly's slowed by injury. Either way neither player is living up to expectations SO FAR

Originally posted by znk916:
The trade is going to be irrelevant. Until we get our franchise QB,

I guess we find out (or get closer to finding out) tomorrow if we have our franchise QB. Either way the trade will be relevant for many years to come. I've hear some talk of it on national radio shows this week

Here's a great article about it:
Did the Bears trade for Trubisky make any logical sense?
Did the Bears actually have to trade up to select Trubisky?
The trade itself is nonsensical, even if Trubisky turns out be good or great.
https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2017/12/1/16724802/chicago-bears-san-francisco-49ers-mitchell-trubisky-jimmy-garoppolo-robbie-gould-hindsight-nfl-2017

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Tebowski
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
0, cuz Thomas sucks right now. Only has 2 sacks for the year.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LenCat:
Well it looks like Solly may not get that sack after all but not b/c "Tebowski" isn't playing as most predicted earlier but cuz Solly's slowed by injury. Either way neither player is living up to expectations SO FAR

Originally posted by znk916:
The trade is going to be irrelevant. Until we get our franchise QB,

I guess we find out (or get closer to finding out) tomorrow if we have our franchise QB. Either way the trade will be relevant for many years to come. I've hear some talk of it on national radio shows this week

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2017/12/1/16724802/chicago-bears-san-francisco-49ers-mitchell-trubisky-jimmy-garoppolo-robbie-gould-hindsight-nfl-2017

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Tebowski

I enjoyed reading the comments on that link. The bears definitely need an offensive minded head coach to pair with Mitch.
Originally posted by susweel:
0, cuz Thomas sucks right now. Only has 2 sacks for the year.

They gotta move him inside

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Chicago won't be passing that much anyways.
3 straight first round picks on DL and they are the worst pass rushing team in the NFC. My boy, Barnett, would have gotten 2 sacks against Mitch all by himself.
Originally posted by Nuns:
Originally posted by LenCat:
the trade will be relevant for many years to come. I've hear some talk of it on national radio shows this week

I enjoyed reading the comments on that link. The bears definitely need an offensive minded head coach to pair with Mitch.

Another great perspective on the trade coming outta Chi

...."Hindsight Bowl" is a championship in its own right...
He'll get one. Trubisky will probably run into it but he'll get one. He's on the field enough long enough- and his motor is high enough- that he'll scoop up at least one.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
3 straight first round picks on DL and they are the worst pass rushing team in the NFC. My boy, Barnett, would have gotten 2 sacks against Mitch all by himself.

Your boy Barnett has 4.5 sacks on a team with stacked defensive talent and on a team giving him constant pure pass rush situations. He has gone 8 games this year with 0 sacks. Let's not act like he's some pass rush beast yet.
Share 49ersWebzone