LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

49ers FLEECE Chi. How many sacks will Solly have on Trubiski Dec 3?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers FLEECE Chi. How many sacks will Solly have on Trubiski Dec 3?

They didn't get fleeced, since the Bears got a franchise caliber Rodgers/Romo/Favre tribrid QB while the 49ers got a walking injury with no instincts at LB and a DT whom they're trying to convert to edge rusher from scratch.
Originally posted by ChadTrubisky:
They didn't get fleeced, since the Bears got a franchise caliber Rodgers/Romo/Favre tribrid QB while the 49ers got a walking injury with no instincts at LB and a DT whom they're trying to convert to edge rusher from scratch.

who the f is this guy?

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
who the f is this guy?

Two guesses and the first one doesn't count😂😂😂

who the f is this guy?

OMG a Bears fan w/ a fake account! CLASSIC. Well OK I'll play. I have to disagree w/ you. "franchise caliber Rodgers/Romo/Favre" is way off! Last nights performance of 48% completions,128yds, 1TD(tipped), 1int, 60.1 QB rating is HOF CALIBER Montana/Unitas/Brady!!!!

Did anyone hear Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharp this morning going on about how the Bears gave up a "King's Ransom" to get him when they would have got him at #3 anyway? All this AFTER they paid that stiff Glennon umpteen million. And they laughed at Bears coach John Fox after comparing him to Montana!?!?!?!?!! http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20975090/chicago-bears-john-fox-praises-mitchell-trubisky-debut-turnovers
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
we're gonna get destroyed.
Originally posted by LenCat:

who the f is this guy?

OMG a Bears fan w/ a fake account! CLASSIC. Well OK I'll play. I have to disagree w/ you. "franchise caliber Rodgers/Romo/Favre" is way off! Last nights performance of 48% completions,128yds, 1TD(tipped), 1int, 60.1 QB rating is HOF CALIBER Montana/Unitas/Brady!!!!

Did anyone hear Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharp this morning going on about how the Bears gave up a "King's Ransom" to get him when they would have got him at #3 anyway? All this AFTER they paid that stiff Glennon umpteen million. And they laughed at Bears coach John Fox after comparing him to Montana!?!?!?!?!! http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20975090/chicago-bears-john-fox-praises-mitchell-trubisky-debut-turnovers

He compared their first games. And it was really him finishing answering the question some reporter had asking him about Trubis debut then they moved on.

I liked what i saw in glimpses.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Oct 11, 2017 at 12:59 AM ]
Originally posted by LenCat:

Somebody either didn't watch the game or doesn't have any clue how to scout quarterbacks. Trubisky has everything you want in a quarterback. He's a dream prospect.

You do realize Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo warmed the bench for 2 years before they even played, right? Of course you don't. And that Brett Favre was in Atlanta as a rookie, where he went 0 for 4 with 2 INTs?

Trubisky has already outdone all of them to this point by getting the starting job.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Trubisky is decent, but he needs players around him.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Trubisky is decent, but he needs players around him.

Yeah for sure.. Ask Kevin white

I think theyll be smart and protect him from getting killed.. Theyre essentially keeping the NC blue print going and adding to it if i took an educated guess lol.
Somebody either didn't watch the game or doesn't have any clue how to scout quarterbacks. Trubisky has everything you want in a quarterback. He's a dream prospect.

You do realize Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo warmed the bench for 2 years before they even played, right? Of course you don't. And that Brett Favre was in Atlanta as a rookie, where he went 0 for 4 with 2 INTs?

Trubisky has already outdone all of them to this point by getting the starting job.

You seem to be holding to the line you laid out in your previous username. Stop and read the rules here. Getting the starting job against Glennon can't be compared with taking the starting role from Favre and I wonder at you making the comparison. And to compare a rookie with one start under his belt with Rodgers and Favre is an extraordinary overreaction to say the least. Someone who throws the insult "doesn't have a clue how to scout quarterbacks" ought to know that. Trubisky is way off franchise calibre now and unlikely to be franchise calibre funtil he has at least two years NFL experience. I would have thought you would have known that.

I suggest you stop trying to "correctidiotfans".
[ Edited by English on Oct 11, 2017 at 2:34 AM ]

Originally posted by English:
You seem to be holding to the line you laid out in your previous username. Stop and read the rules here. Getting the starting job against Glennon can't be compared with taking the starting role from Favre and I wonder at you making the comparison. And to compare a rookie with one start under his belt with Rodgers and Favre is an extraordinary overreaction to say the least. Someone who throws the insult "doesn't have a clue how to scout quarterbacks" ought to know that. Trubisky is way off franchise calibre now and unlikely to be franchise calibre funtil he has at least two years NFL experience. I would have thought you would have known that.

I suggest you stop trying to "correctidiotfans".

My God, do you take EVERYTHING as an insult? Get a grip and get over yourself.

Rodgers was behind Favre in the first place because he free fell in the draft. The poster I was responding to said it was ridiculous to think Trubisky is in Rodgers/Favre/Romo's class based on Trubisky's numbers from his first start, and I was simply pointing out that by merely playing as early as he has, he is already ahead of all three of them at the same stage of their careers, making his attempt at a point idiotic.

I'm talking about what people who actually understand how to evaluate football talent can see just by watching guys play. It is clear as day how good Trubisky is going to be, assuming he stays healthy. You can't teach his ability to escape the rush and make throws on the run. You can't teach his accuracy. Those are the big time attributes you're looking for in an NFL QB (along with decision making).
My God, do you take EVERYTHING as an insult? Get a grip and get over yourself.

Rodgers was behind Favre in the first place because he free fell in the draft. The poster I was responding to said it was ridiculous to think Trubisky is in Rodgers/Favre/Romo's class based on Trubisky's numbers from his first start, and I was simply pointing out that by merely playing as early as he has, he is already ahead of all three of them at the same stage of their careers, making his attempt at a point idiotic.

I'm talking about what people who actually understand how to evaluate football talent can see just by watching guys play. It is clear as day how good Trubisky is going to be, assuming he stays healthy. You can't teach his ability to escape the rush and make throws on the run. You can't teach his accuracy. Those are the big time attributes you're looking for in an NFL QB (along with decision making).

Apparently you dont read your own posts. And you clearly havent read the rules here.
I never liked calling it a "Fleece". And i dont recall Lynch saying that either - He said Chicago GM got his guy and we got ours.

If Trubisky pans out kudos to them and why didn't we take that chance? Its all fair questioning.
should have took him. Ive been saying it since February as well. But ultimately I was okay with Kyle passing on him because I trusted him.

If he turns into a franchise QB, and we are left holding the grocery bags in 2019. Then yes, its fair to say that we did not "fleece" the bears. In fact, the opposite could be argued.

Im hoping by next February when I start scouting QBs again, I see some more franchise QB traits by the end of the year. I never know what to make of garbage media hype that auto declare certain guys surefire prospects before the year is even over. Its better to wait until the year is over and someone declares before evaluating.

Here is hoping Kyle picks a QB this time. Otherwise I will lean on firing him.
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Oct 11, 2017 at 8:19 AM ]
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
should have took him. Ive been saying it since February as well. But ultimately I was okay with Kyle passing on him because I trusted him.

If he turns into a franchise QB, and we are left holding the grocery bags in 2019. Then yes, its fair to say that we did not "fleece" the bears. In fact, the opposite could be argued.

Im hoping by next February when I start scouting QBs again, I see some more franchise QB traits by the end of the year. I never know what to make of garbage media hype that auto declare certain guys surefire prospects before the year is even over. Its better to wait until the year is over and someone declares before evaluating.

Here is hoping Kyle picks a QB this time. Otherwise I will lean on firing him.

Its viable thinking. Now if he gets Cousins, or draft a kid next year and the qb plays well and we are playoff caliber it doesn't matter how great or bad Trubisky is. Then you will have the folks who will compares Trubisky to Thomas etc.. It's all a crapshoot man.
Share 49ersWebzone