LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

New Nike 49ers Jersey Sleeves = Have Only 2 Stripes Now...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
so what is it 1, 2, 3 stripes !?!?

http://www.shop49ers.com/San_Francisco_49ers_Jerseys/Mens_Nike_Solomon_Thomas_Scarlet_San_Francisco_49ers_2017_Draft_Pick_Game_Jersey
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on May 1, 2017 at 3:52 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
so what is it 1, 2, 3 stripes !?!?

http://www.shop49ers.com/San_Francisco_49ers_Jerseys/Mens_Nike_Solomon_Thomas_Scarlet_San_Francisco_49ers_2017_Draft_Pick_Game_Jersey

It's a transition period as far as fan jerseys in the official stores are concerned...for now Nike will makes & stores will sell both versions in the two different Nike templates:

- "Elite 51" (2012-2016), which is a carryover of the Reebok truncated sleeve stripes design (2009-11), and which has the Nike-designed "flywire collar"

- "Vapor Untouchable" (2017-) the one introduced in the draft, will probably be the on-field jersey starting this season; has different collar design, stitching and of course the 2 stripes on the sleeves

Once stock of the old design is sold out, the pictures in the online stores will be updated
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
It's a transition period as far as fan jerseys in the official stores are concerned...for now Nike will makes & stores will sell both versions in the two different Nike templates:

- "Elite 51" (2012-2016), which is a carryover of the Reebok truncated sleeve stripes design (2009-11), and which has the Nike-designed "flywire collar"

- "Vapor Untouchable" (2017-) the one introduced in the draft, will probably be the on-field jersey starting this season; has different collar design, stitching and of course the 2 stripes on the sleeves

Once stock of the old design is sold out, the pictures in the online stores will be updated

I just don't get what's so hard about doing it like this (my 1995 Wilson on-field)
Originally posted by Niners816:
I just don't get what's so hard about doing it like this (my 1995 Wilson on-field)

one theory is this is Nike wanting to avoid the subliminal Adidas advertising...but in reality it was Reebok (a subsidiary of Adidas) who implemented the funky truncated sleeve stripes in 2009 (per team instructions) and Nike simply carried the design over. either way, this has been the lone flaw in the jerseys since 2009, and if it's gonna cost one stripe to at least make it look good, so be it
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on May 1, 2017 at 9:35 PM ]
one theory is this is Nike wanting to avoid the subliminal Adidas advertising...but in reality it was Reebok (a subsidiary of Adidas) who implemented the change in 2009 per team instructions and Nike simply carried the design over. either way, this has been the lone flaw in the jerseys since 2009, and if it's gonna cost one stripe to at least make it look good, so be it

I'd rather them just drop all the stripes if they're not gonna do them right. If memory serves, Steve always rolled up his sleeves or cut a couple off so only one was exposed. I just wish they'd let the special cuts dictate how they look instead of what they are trying now and what they've tried since the '09 reboot.

The Nike fan jerseys look ridiculous.
[ Edited by Niners816 on May 1, 2017 at 9:39 PM ]
I'd rather them just drop all the stripes if they're not gonna do them right. If memory serves, Steve always rolled up his sleeves or cut a couple off so only one was exposed. I just wish they'd let the special cuts dictate how they look instead of what they are trying now and what they've tried since the '09 reboot.

The Nike fan jerseys look ridiculous.

They can do it right, team just won't let Nike do so, like they do with the Bears...

They can do it right, team just won't let Nike do so, like they do with the Bears...

I just want to know who on the niners making these types of calls think those stripes as is look good. It's just such an easy fix, to correct the only think wrong with our primary set.

I just want to know who on the niners making these types of calls think those stripes as is look good. It's just such an easy fix, to correct the only think wrong with our primary set.

If you look at the bears one that was pictured, the authentic stripes are way higher then the authentics they sell to fans. So somewhere someone is changing it to look correct on the actual field.

Obvious that someone on our side doesn't care
Who f**king cares? The 49ers have to approve all changes. The 3 stripe looks a little old...

I don't like the 3 stripes personally.

IIRC, there's a 5-yr moratorium imposed by the league that prevents a team from redesigning their jersey sooner than that amount of seasons, plus a team has to give the league 2 years notice if they plan a redesign

So probably the reason for the Niners then is,

2009-11: Reebok made the redesigned jerseys, stripes couldn't be changed

2012-16: Nike took over, Niners were in the midst of a winning run (2012-14) so team didn't feel a need to fix the stripes and hurt sales (dumb reason IMO)

2017: team uses the new template Nike is implementing for a lot of teams as a fresh slate as an excuse to at least semi-fix the sleeve stripes

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
If you look at the bears one that was pictured, the authentic stripes are way higher then the authentics they sell to fans. So somewhere someone is changing it to look correct on the actual field.

Obvious that someone on our side doesn't care

lol, gameday player jerseys are always cut and fitted differently than the fan jerseys...no big mystery there
Originally posted by JBrack:
Who f**king cares? The 49ers have to approve all changes. The 3 stripe looks a little old...

I don't like the 3 stripes personally.

Well f**k this then..Anyway, any Niner shirt or jersey I have has 3 stripes, so no damn worries here
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on May 2, 2017 at 2:12 AM ]
https://www.google.com/search?biw=360&bih=270&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=IYQIWbWOOdOdmQGs1ouYCQ&q=wisconsin+jersey+stripes&oq=wisconsun+jersey+stripes&gs_l=mobile-gws-img.1.0.30i10k1.66109.70848.0.72222.18.17.0.0.0.0.267.2527.3j9j4.16.0....0...1c.1j4.64.mobile-gws-img..8.7.1437...0j35i39k1j0i7i30k1j0i8i30k1j0i8i7i30k1.UrV7q3sm-Ss#imgrc=ZGiR7fpKvNuyFM:
[ Edited by Ninerblood on May 2, 2017 at 6:17 AM ]
I generally stay out of these laundry threads, but I really hate Nike, so here I am....give us back our f**king stripe, its always three stripes, not two, not for, so Nike stay the f**k away from our uni's. Save you goofy modern "rethinks" and color rush ideas for the other 31 teams. Keep the Niners Uni's pure and old school.
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on May 2, 2017 at 6:54 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone