There are 365 users in the forums

New Nike 49ers Jersey Sleeves = Have Only 2 Stripes Now...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Niners816:
What the hell.....I just can't believe nike can't find a way to get the traditional 3 stripes on there. Just do that and if special cuts argument that then so be it.

Yep...Nike is implementing a new jersey template for most teams this year (most obvious difference is the collars don't have that "fly wire" stitching anymore)

what I don't understand is they can fit all three orange stripes on the Bears' monsters of the midway throwbacks, yet can never seem to fix the Niners stripes
the third stripe is hidden

Yeah, it's a silent stripe, duuuuuh -uh...
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Niners816:
What the hell.....I just can't believe nike can't find a way to get the traditional 3 stripes on there. Just do that and if special cuts argument that then so be it.

Yep...Nike is implementing a new jersey template for most teams this year (most obvious difference is the collars don't have that "fly wire" stitching anymore)

what I don't understand is they can fit all three orange stripes on the Bears' monsters of the midway throwbacks, yet can never seem to fix the Niners stripes
the third stripe is hidden

Yeah, it's a silent stripe, duuuuuh -uh...
actual game worn player Jerseys have hardly any sleeves due to them being shorten and elastic added.

For the 3 stripes to show on a player jersey. the stripes would have to be on the shoulder which would make the Jersey you by online look ridiculous

it's still a bad design flaw by Nike tho
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Apr 28, 2017 at 9:07 AM ]
So what now we are suppose to be the new Nebraska??? f**king Nike always alternating s**t. Leave it alone money hungry b*****ds

https://www.lids.com/san-francisco-49ers-carlos-hyde-nike-nfl-mens-vapor-untouchable-limited-jersey/20895663?AID=10285210&PID=3813890&SID=1399X522769X1a4adfa573926d5f690e578b81c30c52&cpid=cj&utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate

I will tell you this...

I hated the 3rd half stripe we had and I always want the full 3 stripes like we used to.

However, this is still better than that crap we had before.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I will tell you this...

I hated the 3rd half stripe we had and I always want the full 3 stripes like we used to.

However, this is still better than that crap we had before.

Yeah, it's better than the three disappearing stripes on the current uni's.
Thank god they finally fixed that god awful truncated third stripe. I don't care if they look like Nebraska or Wisconsin. While the third stripe not being there anymore sucks, I do like that there is now a consistent theme with the stripes on the pants, helmet and jersey.

[ Edited by linkboy on Apr 28, 2017 at 8:02 PM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by linkboy:
Thank god they finally fixed that god awful truncated third stripe. I don't care if they look like Nebraska or Wisconsin. While the third stripe not being anymore sucks, I do like that there is now a consistent theme with the stripes on the pants, helmet and jersey.

Simple and clean.
This is way better than the sleeves we had before
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
This is way better than the sleeves we had before

You mean the three disappearing stripes.

Apparently this is too difficult to do

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Uni Watch has written and article on it...

http://www.uni-watch.com/2017/04/28/niners-change-their-jersey-stripe-pattern/

...fans don't seem to have made an uproar about it (yet) like the one-day helmet in 1991. Guess this will be an accepted evolution of the team's uniform.

Uni Watch mentioned the same argument I did: Nike doesn't seem to have any problem fitting 3 full stripes on the bears' jerseys, yet Niners sleeves give them fits. It must the the team itself (read: ownership & marketing) insisting on this design as there can be no other explanation

It's probably Jed making the decisions.
What's the outrage we went to one stripe back in the 80s

What's the outrage we went to one stripe back in the 80s

...and some players went ZERO sleeve stripes in '94, but in reality they were just tucked in:

• Shifty
  • Veteran
The jerseys on 49ers.com still have 3 stripes
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
The jerseys on 49ers.com still have 3 stripes

Jed's cheap ass still trying to make $$$ selling old stock...gotta pay 3 HC's somehow
Share 49ersWebzone