There are 218 users in the forums

New Nike 49ers Jersey Sleeves = Have Only 2 Stripes Now...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Cowboys West
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Cowboys West

What the hell.....I just can't believe nike can't find a way to get the traditional 3 stripes on there. Just do that and if special cuts argument that then so be it.
Originally posted by Niners816:
What the hell.....I just can't believe nike can't find a way to get the traditional 3 stripes on there. Just do that and if special cuts argument that then so be it.

Yep...Nike is implementing a new jersey template for most teams this year (most obvious difference is the collars don't have that "fly wire" stitching anymore)

what I don't understand is they can fit all three orange stripes on the Bears' monsters of the midway throwbacks, yet can never seem to fix the Niners stripes

Yep...Nike is implementing a new jersey template for most teams this year (most obvious difference is the collars don't have that "fly wire" stitching anymore)

what I don't understand is they can fit all three orange stripes on the Bears' monsters of the midway throwbacks, yet can never seem to fix the Niners stripes
the third stripe is hidden
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

the third stripe is hidden

I"ts not the stripe thats hidden, its your mind that hides it" - The Oracle
not hidden...

plus those 2 white stripes look wayyy thicker than in the past

last year:

It's official...

...one less stripe
@ tha people b*tching over strips
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
@ tha people b*tching over strips

Goodell removed it
Ole Miss 49ers?

Uni Watch has written and article on it...

http://www.uni-watch.com/2017/04/28/niners-change-their-jersey-stripe-pattern/

...fans don't seem to have made an uproar about it (yet) like the one-day helmet in 1991. Guess this will be an accepted evolution of the team's uniform.

Uni Watch mentioned the same argument I did: Nike doesn't seem to have any problem fitting 3 full stripes on the bears' jerseys, yet Niners sleeves give them fits. It must the the team itself (read: ownership & marketing) insisting on this design as there can be no other explanation
Uni Watch has written and article on it...

http://www.uni-watch.com/2017/04/28/niners-change-their-jersey-stripe-pattern/

...fans don't seem to have made an uproar about it (yet) like the one-day helmet in 1991. Guess this will be an accepted evolution of the team's uniform.

Uni Watch mentioned the same argument I did: Nike doesn't seem to have any problem fitting 3 full stripes on the bears' jerseys, yet Niners sleeves give them fits. It must the the team itself (read: ownership & marketing) insisting on this design as there can be no other explanation

Because the team wants it this way, it's that simple. Nike designs the uniforms to the respective team's desires.

I'll hold off until I can see players wearing it with pads on.
Originally posted by Milkman:
Ole Miss 49ers?

More like Wisconsin 49ers...

• mayo49
  • Veteran
At least it's better than the cut off 3 stripe ones.
Minor changes. Lmao you guys are seriously reaching
Share 49ersWebzone