There are 181 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by slowriot:
Will Brinson‏Verified account @WillBrinson 12m12 minutes agoMore

49ers are HUGE winners so far. Get the best player in the draft (in my opinion) and a boatload of picks to move down one spot.

I'm still laughing at this trade. Two of my buddies are bears fans, and both texted saying "kill me" right after the pick.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Saying this now, don't be surprised if Solomon is the starting Leo this year.
So fired up about this pick. Watching the Stanford D this year got so predictable as Thomas was such a constant disruptor. He'll play all over our line... get ready to hear his name called all game long!
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
Will Brinson‏Verified account @WillBrinson 12m12 minutes agoMore

49ers are HUGE winners so far. Get the best player in the draft (in my opinion) and a boatload of picks to move down one spot.

I'm still laughing at this trade. Two of my buddies are bears fans, and both texted saying "kill me" right after the pick.

lol I would hate to be a Bears fan right now.

They must have been under the impression that another team was trading into the #2 spot for Trubisky, hence the robbery just displayed lol.
if you had told me before the draft we were gonna get Thomas and three picks? i would have been dancing a jig, now a little part of me wonders if we could have traded back just once more,
Originally posted by Ninerfan84:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Steve Wyche‏Verified account @wyche89 2m2 minutes agoMore

Solomon Thomas, another 1st round DL for 9ers, but he fits new scheme. 9ers got their guy and jacked 3 extra picks.

Another defensive END.

Different defense bro.

So they needed to redraft the position they used their two previous first round picks on or he will play with and compliment the past two first round picks?
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Solomon Thomas, another 1st round DL for 9ers, but he fits new scheme. 9ers got their guy and jacked 3 extra picks.

Another defensive END.

Different defense bro.

So they needed to redraft the position they used their two previous first round picks on or he will play with and compliment the past two first round picks?

I think only one of the two previous first round picks is considered an actual NFL starter, so it shouldn't interphere
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Another defensive END.

Different defense bro.

He's not going to play end, he's going to be a DT and work primarily inside.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 27, 2017 at 8:17 PM ]
End or interior? So he doesn't compare to Michael Bennett in Saleh's scheme?
We NEEDED pass rush. This is a haul picking up picks 67, 111, and a future 3 and still getting Thomas. Amazing job

Had him #1 on my big board. Nice pick.

Another defensive END.

Different defense bro.

DE in a 3-4 and DE in a 4-3 are two different positions. Buckner and Armstead came in as 3-4 DE's. Thomas comes in as a 4-3 DE and a DT in nickel, different players.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Another defensive END.

Different defense bro.

His not going to play end, he's going to be a DT and work primarily inside.

Don't agree with that.
Hmm. I wanted Fournette or Jamal Adams.

Another defensive END.

Different defense bro.

DE in a 3-4 and DE in a 4-3 are two different positions. Buckner and Armstead came in as 3-4 DE's. Thomas comes in as a 4-3 DE and a DT in nickel, different players.
this....basically all three are gonna scramble based on down and distance.
Share 49ersWebzone