There are 214 users in the forums

OT Garry Gilliam thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Is it a coincidence that all ex-Seahawks have underperformed on this team.

Yes this goes for Saleh as well.

Sherm was playing well before getting hurt everyone else blows
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
WHY ARE YOU HERE?

This guy is easily one of the worst tackles I've seen put on a 49er uniform.

Because shanny likes him.
  • dj43
WHY ARE YOU HERE?

Let's hope Stalely and McG are healthy next week.

I hope to hear news of the 49ers working out some OTs on Tuesday.
Seattle handed him over to us on a silver platter for a reason.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
This guy can probably be counted on for just a few snaps a game but to expect him to do a good job for an entire game is like playing russian roulette.
Originally posted by dj43:
WHY ARE YOU HERE?

Let's hope Stalely and McG are healthy next week.

I hope to hear news of the 49ers working out some OTs on Tuesday.

I hope Coleman is active and Gilliam is not. Hell, I'd rather have Magnuson out at tackle than Garry.
Originally posted by jcs:
This guy can probably be counted on for just a few snaps a game but to expect him to do a good job for an entire game is like playing russian roulette.

I get the idea behind signing him. He has experience in a zone scheme, has the athleticism but he's just a singularly poor tackle, even for a swing tackle.
Singularly poor.
So many holes and we only have so many draft picks.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Edge rushers, offensive guard, another top notch receiving TE. Beyond that, fill in gaps as you can via FA and the draft at CB, a developmental OT, more depth at RB, safety and so on.

Edge rushers, offensive guard, another top notch receiving TE. Beyond that, fill in gaps as you can via FA and the draft at CB, a developmental OT, more depth at RB, safety and so on.

Unfortunately, I think we need another WR to beat out Garcon and Taylor. I don't think it will be Pettis.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

Unfortunately, I think we need another WR to beat out Garcon and Taylor. I don't think it will be Pettis.
Pettis might be gone for a while.

Sounds like a two-year project. I do think we can fill in the glaring holes at guard, edge rusher, and a CB. From the looks of things, no one is due a monster deal on our team outside of Buckner, so hopefully we add some quality veterans this offseason to go with some rookies that can make an impact and if we are lucky, an impact FA edge rusher.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

If we did get another top notch TE, I'd like another WR with deep threat ability so we aren't so reliant on Goodwin.
If we did get another top notch TE, I'd like another WR with deep threat ability so we aren't so reliant on Goodwin.

We need a WR that can go up for contested catches even more.
Share 49ersWebzone