There are 266 users in the forums

Niners sign Tim Hightower

Another guy who played for Shanny (and Bobby Turner) knows the scheme and he is comfortable with. Solid veteran signing. I hope he is not our #2 back though
Lol if this is an April Fools joke, that's a sorry attempt.

Not a bad signing, if it works out solid backup and if not a guy that can help teach the offense. Like most of the moves, build the middle/back end of the roster.
Originally posted by donalddole:
Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make the final roster. Guy is 30 and was never that good. Garbage signing, hopefully the garbage doesn't last. I'd rather have a 7th round or undrafted guy in the spot, old guy with about 4ypc average in total the last 3 seasons, no thank you

548 yards rushing, 200 receiving and 5 total tds as a backup isn't bad at all.

I love this signing. He's a great receiver out of the backfield and makes the team better. High character guy as well, he'll be a great leader in the locker room
Originally posted by gold49digger:
4 ypc isn't bad at all.. ESP for a 30 year old. No one is expecting him to be a work horse.

He's a young 30. I think he sat out 3 seasons. He may or may not make the team. Decent move. Nothing to get worked up about
Originally posted by saniner:

I love this signing. He's a great receiver out of the backfield and makes the team better. High character guy as well, he'll be a great leader in the locker room

Knows the system and has played for Shanny and Bobby Turner as well. Decent move.
Worst Webzone April Fools joke ever.
Originally posted by saniner:

Odds are that Hightower, Davis and Fumbles are competing for the final spot at RB after the team drafts a RB somewhere in the middle rounds.
High character. Knows the system. Has played for Shanny and Bobby Turner. Solid receiver and a good goal-line back.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by bors:
Hmmmmm not sure if serious

This.

Worst April fools gag ever....
Rushed for over 100yds against Seattle last year...

Upgrade to shaun draughn
Sounds like he got an STD.

Short Term Deal.
He will be a good locker room guy, goal line back and mentor to the guy we draft. I think he will only be here for a year
Before anyone goes berzerk in here RELAX ppl we are still drafting a RB, Hyde is not reliable + this is his contract yr, Harris got a 1 yr deal N i expect Hightower to get between a 1 or 2 yr deal. So nothing is set in stone. Just more competition.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He's a guy that Shanny knows and will be a veteran presence in the locker room.
Share 49ersWebzone