LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Dujuan Harris RB, released by Niners

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
I like it, he's shown some flashes of talent. If he can hold on to the ball in preseason I think Kyle could get a lot out of him.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Cool. I like it. Could be good in this offense.
  • 49er
  • Veteran
Hey, any of you guys that are FA experts... doesn't this signing count against us in the compensatory pick formula? Not sure how it works in regards to our own free agents... but...

I'm worried about us just going out and signing FA's before the mid-May (I think) deadline where after that point, we can sign anyone and they aren't considered compensatory free agents, so the signings don't count against us.

I feel like we could have waited with DuJuan Harris and some of the other guys we've signed recently.
I actually like him. He's not a bad player. I would have rather resigned Droughn, but Harris isn't half bad.
Originally posted by Jasta:
I like it, he's shown some flashes of talent. If he can hold on to the ball in preseason I think Kyle could get a lot out of him.

sounds like a description of Hyde
  • thl408
Originally posted by 49er:
Hey, any of you guys that are FA experts... doesn't this signing count against us in the compensatory pick formula? Not sure how it works in regards to our own free agents... but...

I'm worried about us just going out and signing FA's before the mid-May (I think) deadline where after that point, we can sign anyone and they aren't considered compensatory free agents, so the signings don't count against us.

I feel like we could have waited with DuJuan Harris and some of the other guys we've signed recently.

The biggest FA they lost was Dawson? They've signed way more notable FAs than they've lost. Don't think they'll be getting any 2018 comp picks.
Signing Harris does nothing towards compensatory selection, he was OUR OWN free agent. Not to mention we're not going to get anything for compensatory picks next year, because we haven't lost anyone to a big contract, and what we have already signed is way more than what we will lose.
This is breaking news?
I like it. He's got some fumbling issues, but fits nice in this scheme and has some ability. Add a legit #2 RB in the draft and we're good here.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
This is breaking news?

I was thinking the same thing lol.

• 49er
  • Veteran
Suppose you guys are right, probably shouldn't expect to get any compensatory picks anyways next year with all the FA signings we've had. I guess the best approach at this point is to just fill our roster as needed.

We only had 4 UFAs sign with other teams so far that I've counted:

Dawson (ARI)
Patton (NYJ)
Draughn (NYG)
Wilhoite (SEA)

We've added like 10-15 guys.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I'm still tryna stay "awake" but I just yawned a bit...

I trust Shanny will utilize him better than Chippy tho.
Low risk, medium reward. Who knows how he will be in shannys system.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Better than Mike Davis.
Originally posted by 49er:

Not a FA expert, but I did stay at a holiday inn. No- compensatory pick is about how and who you sign from other teams and how many you lose to other teams. The formula is a lot more complicated, like how much they got, starter, pro bowler etc., but the highest you can get is a third rounder, Also if they were tendered. Also, like the DT that we signed at the beginning before FA began, he does not count cause he was cut. If you sign a guy that is cut he does not count. Only guys whose contract that has expired.
Share 49ersWebzone