LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 181 users in the forums

Dwight Clark has passed away at 61

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Dwight sounds so bad apparently he's losing the muscle function in his throat or something and won't be able to speak soon. So sad.

Losing the ability to swallow correctly is ultimately how people with ALS pass away. They repeatedly aspirate and get pneumonias. People have less than 2 years after they are diagnosed. Awful disease.
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Dwight sounds so bad apparently he's losing the muscle function in his throat or something and won't be able to speak soon. So sad.

Losing the ability to swallow correctly is ultimately how people with ALS pass away. They repeatedly aspirate and get pneumonias. People have less than 2 years after they are diagnosed. Awful disease.

Listening to him speak was sad as f**k!
Watching him talk at halftime broke my heart you can see the disease is taking its toll
Seeing him in that state was brutal
Had no idea that he had deteriorated that much. Very sad
On Murph and mac right now
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:

Not these days. People are living 5+ years with it now (see Kevin Turner and Steve Gleason).

Also, that's not necessarily how people die from it.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

$24.99

link
  • jrg
  • Veteran

$549.99

link

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Ill always go back to a quote.. "Johny Cash' said... "In the end every one goes away.".. even the heros

ah f**k
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Ill always go back to a quote.. "Johny Cash' said... "In the end every one goes away.".. even the heros

Sorry to digress but that quote is by Trent from NIN

seeing him and talking with him last year July and seeing how he is now brought the realities of the disease to me. I was expecting to see the same guy talking and being charismatic as his normal self.
freaking got cut off during his speech. oh well. still very sad. read an article about what he is currently experiencing on a day-to-day basis.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Sorry to digress but that quote is by Trent from NIN

seeing him and talking with him last year July and seeing how he is now brought the realities of the disease to me. I was expecting to see the same guy talking and being charismatic as his normal self.
O ok i did not now that . i stand corrected. awesome quote btw because its so True.
Share 49ersWebzone