LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

49ers sign LB Dekoda Watson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Good special teams player. SAM linebacker depth.

We've improved our ST coverage with Watson, Coyle, and Jones.

I like it a lot. I know people will b***h, 'Oh who is he" or "another scrub, why not Hightower", guys need to realize that we can't fix everything in 1 offseason, or overnight, people need to chill the F out, it's a process, we're improving our team, most big free agent signings who get that big money deal end up being busts.
Wrong DW
I'm not complaining, just a little anxious for the draft. I'm also hoping the 9ers trade down and pickup more picks. I think trading our #2 pick and getting a DL or LB AND getting Williams from Clemson would be great for the team. DeShaun Watson may not be around in the 2nd round, but I think he would probably be an excellent QB. Those two national championship games against Bama showed me a lot as far as his skills and growth potential, IMO
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

I like it a lot. I know people will b***h, 'Oh who is he" or "another scrub, why not Hightower", guys need to realize that we can't fix everything in 1 offseason, or overnight, people need to chill the F out, it's a process, we're improving our team, most big free agent signings who get that big money deal end up being busts.

This
Originally posted by NinerTy:
I'm not complaining, just a little anxious for the draft. I'm also hoping the 9ers trade down and pickup more picks. I think trading our #2 pick and getting a DL or LB AND getting Williams from Clemson would be great for the team. DeShaun Watson may not be around in the 2nd round, but I think he would probably be an excellent QB. Those two national championship games against Bama showed me a lot as far as his skills and growth potential, IMO

You can't just trade the #2 if there are no desperate traders. Takes two to tango and this will be a hard draft to find any takers.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like it - lock up a player who is still in his prime and knows the DC.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Oh look we signed another scrub FA.

Lol yes
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Lol I hardly post in NT anymore. i guess what little I post really stands out in negativity. I should tone it down a bit.

Good to see you're not taking my post personally.

This is the interwebs. I never do.

He still a scrub tho. Damn it, I did it again.
hey you, STFU..don't take it personally
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
I like it - lock up a player who is still in his prime and knows the DC.

+1

Lets be honest this guy was good enough to be on the Patriots and the Broncos...compared to the LB's we finished the year with last year he's a pro bowler.

well said AB. Most of the big named FAs get cut in a couple of years anyways.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:

well said AB. Most of the big named FAs get cut in a couple of years anyways.

Totally, agree.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Replaces Bellore and Wilhoite. And candidly, security blanket for Ray Ray and Bowman.

Agreed, the other thing that cracks me up is this "cornerstone" free agent idea. Who exactly is the cornerstone? Alshon? Dude is always hurt, great #2 isn't with 14 mill a year. This will take time. We need a foundation first, cornerstones second.
Nice pick up, I loved the kid coming out of FSU..great depth at least, and that's what hurt the niners recently compared to what it was..
This guy> Bellore, Skov, Wilhite.
Share 49ersWebzone