LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Jeremy Zuttah, Center

Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Very solid addition. Pro Bowl Centers are very underrated to fans but not only are we getting a Pro Bowl Center, we are getting one that knows, understands and performed in a very similar offense. Big time addition he was

Ditto

Another very smart move by our dynamic duo!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
idk how can anyone under/overrate, keep quite on this guy. No football has been played.

Hes played in the system before..but youre right. Im not worried doe cause Kilgore when healthy can be solid.

10 days away baby!
Getting so close. Hope this guy can help take this offense to the next level we need to be at during the year.
Actually i think both beadles and fusco can snap. That gives us 4 vs nothing last yr when kilgore went down. So yes, we are way , way better off at C this yr. But you don't want "it takes a village to play Center", you want him to be one of our main men. Once again, we had soooo many holes, putting off the QB and #1 WR ...and to that you could add Dominant Cenrer ....looks like a better and better idea. Not much has been said about that one teeny weeny move, but it paid off in spades. I didn't get it initially. Took awhile for it to percolate up. Now it looks like the "Lynch"pin of their strategy. With an offense minded HC, who would have guessed he would have put the FR QB on the back burner.? LIke everything else these two have done, that was really clever. And necessary. It opened the door for improvement at virtually every other position where we were weak.

And short sheeting CHI with that trade...that was just whip cream on the frappacino(sp?). Umm...it would have been an entirely different draft had that trade meant Solly went to CHI, however. So, yes, we got lucky....really lucky , besides. Seeing and hearing the replay of Paraag..." i can't believe it but I think CHI goes for Mitch"...and he was spot on. Been a different draft without Solly tho. Man am i ever glad we got him ...oh, plus a 3rd rounder (and a 4th also?) As for luck, well what they say is true. "Being lucky is being prepared to jump if an opportunity presents itself." To that i would add we have been incredibly UNLUCKY the last number of yrs. So, what if the luck changes? The pendulum always swings back. And that is us, except we garnered exceptional talent in additon. Can't beat that combo.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

I really hope he is 100% and wins this job.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

I really hope he is 100% and wins this job.

If Kilgore wins that wont be a disappointment to me. That would tell me Kilgore is legit. May the best man win.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Aug 1, 2017 at 4:12 PM ]
He gone

And they brought in LB Sean Porter
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Aug 9, 2017 at 11:53 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He gone

Aaawww what!!! that sucks, what for??
This is why I always trust Maiocco's opinion.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
He gone

Tim Barnes has surpassed him on the depth chart I guess.
Matt Maiocco called it pretty much, has been talking about how disappointing he seemed to be for a few days now. Couple of other reporters started echoing the same sentiments but he was the first. Sidenote, Grant Cohn never mentioned once anything about Zuttah underachieving in any of his practice reports. Thus proving he knows absolutely nothing
[ Edited by ninerjok on Aug 9, 2017 at 11:57 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
This is why I always trust Maiocco's opinion.

Yup
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
He gone

His body died.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
He gone

Tim Barnes has surpassed him on the depth chart I guess.

Should've let Preseason be the judge of that, after all 49ers did trade for him. That sucks, oh well next man up.
Share 49ersWebzone