LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Lacking a "scary" offensive weapon

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/188281-49ers-sign-fullback-kyle-juice-juszczyk/
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Kyle Shanahan is the scary offensive weapon.

This

Came here to say this.
Originally posted by English:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/188281-49ers-sign-fullback-kyle-juice-juszczyk/

And this.
Originally posted by Rascal:
If we don't take a QB at 2, that weapon you are looking for is Leonard Fournette.

And since you are already leaning towards RBs, I am telling you, Fournette will be a far better choice than Jamal Charles.

Jamal Charles just has too much mileage on him. Fournette is a bruising power back and he will make a huge impact right off the bat.

Are you related to Fournette or do you just have a crush on him?

Just wondering? How is Fournettes patience for zone running, receiving and blocking?

If he is such a generational talent shouldn't he have been able to run against Alabama? I'm not taking a guy at #2 if he sucks against an NFL caliber D.

Just say no to Ron Dayne version 2.0
This offense doesn't need a single "big threat" it needs every offensive player to be a solid threat, and a QB who can find the open player.

This free agent spree was nice, I see us adding few more veterans after the draft, and at the cut down. I believe we only have 63 under contract, and need 90 for camp, so 10 more in the draft, and 13 more free agents, and UDFA's. Not a lot of opportunity to find big threats there.

I like Mcafrey....he might just be the 5-6th best WR in the draft, solid route runner great speed, and good hands....he is also one of the top running backs in the draft, runs stretch, and between the tackles well......also one of the best kick returners in the draft.....Just the kind of guy we need.

I feel better already just with the additions, and subtractions we have made so far, but linebacker and edge rusher is still a glaring hole for this team, and well as big bodied run stuffer. As much as we need a big threat, we need defense, we were the worst in NFL history against the run last year.

I don't see a Julio Jones, in the draft...maybe you guys do.

Go Niners!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Mar 15, 2017 at 7:10 AM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
You could take Fournette at 2 and have a guaranteed offensive scary weapon.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Are you related to Fournette or do you just have a crush on him?

Just wondering? How is Fournettes patience for zone running, receiving and blocking?

If he is such a generational talent shouldn't he have been able to run against Alabama? I'm not taking a guy at #2 if he sucks against an NFL caliber D.

Just say no to Ron Dayne version 2.0

You are really beginning to bore me.

That is just your opinion.

Charley Casserly polled 20 teams at the combine, 13 teams said Fournette is the best RB in this draft while 7 said Cook.

Say what you will about system fit. I don't buy it.
Originally posted by Antix:

I don't know, he kind of one trick pony, he reminds me of Frank Gore, not a great receiver, not stellar on the edge, but unstoppable between the tackles. I don't know how much fullback lead, off tackle, or iso we will run under Shannahan. I expect more stretch, toss, and zone from Kyle, and plenty of swing routes, and dump offs to the backs. Im not sure we need Fournette for that, and not at the second pick.

He is a bell cow, 30 carries between the tackles beast, and we aren't that team anymore.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by Antix:

I don't know, he kind of one trick pony, he reminds me of Frank Gore, not a great receiver, not stellar on the edge, but unstoppable between the tackles. I don't know how much fullback lead, off tackle, or iso we will run under Shannahan. I expect more stretch, toss, and zone from Kyle, and plenty of swing routes, and dump offs to the backs. Im not sure we need Fournette for that, and not at the second pick.

He is a bell cow, 30 carries between the tackles beast, and we aren't that team anymore.

I'm not saying we should do it, but he represents the best chance of a scary offensive weapon.

I like Mike Williams too, but a WR at 2 isn't as sure a thing as a RB. Forunettte would be the best RB Shanahan has ever had and Shanahan has done some great things with RBs. I think he'd be a really good back here esp considering he still have Hyde. Our playaction would be sick.

But like I said I don't necessarily think we should do that. I think we should draft defense.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Shanahan is our scary offensive weapon

His name is John Ross
Originally posted by Rascal:
You are really beginning to bore me.

That is just your opinion.

Charley Casserly polled 20 teams at the combine, 13 teams said Fournette is the best RB in this draft while 7 said Cook.

Say what you will about system fit. I don't buy it.

So if Fournette is such a generational talent wouldn't ALL the teams say he is the best RB? 13-7. That's not a great argument supporting your guy.

As for a system fit, I suggest you Google how zone blocking works. Drafting a guy who has one speed and has trouble sliding and finding the holes will not work. Especially when Shanahans system needs the zone blocking for his Playaction bootlegs to work.

We won't be drafting Fournette. You might as just well give up the dream already.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
This offense doesn't need a single "big threat" it needs every offensive player to be a solid threat, and a QB who can find the open player.

This free agent spree was nice, I see us adding few more veterans after the draft, and at the cut down. I believe we only have 63 under contract, and need 90 for camp, so 10 more in the draft, and 13 more free agents, and UDFA's. Not a lot of opportunity to find big threats there.

I like Mcafrey....he might just be the 5-6th best WR in the draft, solid route runner great speed, and good hands....he is also one of the top running backs in the draft, runs stretch, and between the tackles well......also one of the best kick returners in the draft.....Just the kind of guy we need.

I feel better already just with the additions, and subtractions we have made so far, but linebacker and edge rusher is still a glaring hole for this team, and well as big bodied run stuffer. As much as we need a big threat, we need defense, we were the worst in NFL history against the run last year.

I don't see a Julio Jones, in the draft...maybe you guys do.

Go Niners!

That is certainly a need...RB2, can use everywhere in the passing game and a dynamic returner? Check.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 15, 2017 at 1:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Zealot:
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Kyle Shanahan is the scary offensive weapon.

This

Came here to say this.
said way before you guys

but when an offense is all on the same page, it doesn't matter whos name is on the back of the jersey
I agree I think Charles sharing time with Hyde would be genius. We should've signed Pryor. But oh well
Share 49ersWebzone