LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Lacking a "scary" offensive weapon

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Who could we sign to fill this role? Or do we draft someone? Personally, I think our draft will skew toward defense, so I wouldn't mind picking someone up in free agency.
I'm thinking Jamal Charles as a part time back!
i would say draft Williams and sign Peterson. Championship!
Draft Williams or Corey Davis. Don't want to draft one in the first round? Trade a 6th round pick for Josh Gordon and his $1M dollar salary. Also look at Chris Godwin from Penn St and Cooper Kupp. I'll add more names to the thread as I look into sleeper WR before the draft
Oh I forgot about Josh Gordon!
IF, IF, we come up with a top flite, but perhaps not IMPACT Center, then i think this OL ,with tiller, or even better, Bell,(and that still is hanging fire), along wth Carlos, and then the juice, jusczyk, we might just have something scary right there. As it is we probably have Beadles at Center, so need to upgrade. If we don't re-sign Tiller to play alongside Trenton, then we will need the best OG on the market. Best linemen, maybe not OGs so much, tend to come from the first rd or maybe early in 2nd, where i believe we have a pick.

We also cleaned out the worst assemblage of WRs ever seen in the red and gold. Lots of injury days lost, some yrs. NO blinding speed, low # catches, and nobody with any fire, save kerley who clocked in with 60 catches(??uncertain)...but it was a lot. He played lites out from the slot. But he was it. Now we have a burner in Marquis an established pro in Garcon, and a pair others, tho i am not familiar with them....doesn't matter, anybody would be better than what we had. And in draft are looking for one more. Burbridge is a possibility also as i liked what i saw before injury.

Our O could go from moribund to wide awake with the guy kyle chose , Hoyer....and Barkley as backup. We can only get better with a young guy at qB, tho he won't be ready this yr. So yeah, i see something scary. A damn good OL, tho this is still pending( but we know shalyn is looking for a C and OG), a scary OW in juice, and a flash and slash in Carlos. Now throw in some real WRs, wth kerley coming back, and i can easily see this being a scary bunch...even without a high end Qb. The guys around him are plenty good. Still we gotta improve C on the OL. So, you want to add a potential hot shot WR, and that just makes us better. Best tho is a C and either tiller or a guy like Bell.

Be prepared for a run on D, however, as we need 2 maybe even 3 LBs, edge rusher, shut down corner, altho a very good one would be fine. Also we could use another NT, but one who is better than Mitchell, who i like.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Josh Gordon Last time he was significant was 2013.
Aldon Smith. He's pretty scary with a weapon.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Aldon Smith. He's pretty scary with a weapon.

Yessir, that is true. But we have been in the barrel for Aldon, and we learned a valuable lesson. When you have a guy like that, and i don't care how good he was, the answer is NO. We cannot afford another IMPACT player like that. Cost aside, he was way too expensive for us. The emotional and psychologic damage were incalculable.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Adding Jamal Charles will give us that 1-2 punch.

Drafting Evan Engram will make us more dynamic.

Carlos Hyde
Jamal Charles
Yoooooseeecheck
Pierre Garcon
Evan Engram

That's a nice looking O.
[ Edited by HERN on Mar 14, 2017 at 6:41 PM ]
How about the whole offense as a team be the scary weapon ?

hmm your right, that use to be vernon davis for us, but now we lacking that , need to get one of those lol
Originally posted by HERN:

Carlos Hyde
Jamal Charles
Yoooooseeecheck
Pierre Garcon
Evan Engram

That's a nice looking O.

Charles would be fantastic.

But I have hopes for Vance McDonald. I imagine him in the slot with a linebacker covering him next to Goodwin who is out wide. Let those two burn down the seam. It will open up nothing but green underneath for Garcon on crosses and Juice out of the backfield as an H-back.

I love the options we currently have.

That said, this will be a defensive draft that much I can guarantee.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Mar 14, 2017 at 7:14 PM ]

Carlos Hyde
Jamal Charles
Yoooooseeecheck
Pierre Garcon
Evan Engram

That's a nice looking O.

I like. If you can't get the true ZWR like Mike Williams or Corey Davis, Engram would be excellent. Pairing him with McDonald on a lot of 2 TE sets. Good times.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Charles would be fantastic.

But I have hopes for Vance McDonald. I imagine him in the slot with a linebacker covering him next to Goodwin who is out wide. Let those two burn down the seam. It will open up nothing but green underneath for Garcon on crosses and Juice out of the backfield as an H-back.

I love the options we currently have.

That said, this will be a defensive draft that much I can guarantee.

Agreed with this as well.

Carlos Hyde
Jamal Charles
Yoooooseeecheck
Pierre Garcon
Evan Engram

That's a nice looking O.

Add Corey Davis and Kareem Hunt to that list which is very possible and it would be an elite O.
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Mar 14, 2017 at 7:45 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone