Off-Season workouts/OTAs thread!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Should've hired this guy

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

• titan
  • Veteran
Definitely a different feeling this year. I'm actualy excited about this season.
Originally posted by titan:
Definitely a different feeling this year. I'm actualy excited about this season.

Still early but Lynch is off on the right foot. I am curious to see what happens with the #2 overall pick.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I don't see Lynch signing Dorsey...if he was going to, he would've done it by now. My guess is he'll draft one of the young studs...my choice would be Carlos Watkins...think he'd be good alongside Mitchell. Can't count on Dial for anything more than a rotation player, IMHO.

I don't think we're done dipping into F/A. Once the draft is over they'll have a better idea as to what positions need to be filled...I also expect us to be heavily involved in the Post June cuts.

Great call even if not "heavily" involved. You want somen heavy then you call Heavy-D&the boys. I'm also giving a 25% chance we can lure a nice player in trade during the draft. A team is always open to shaving money at a certain position to put into another or simply wanting to get younger(by a rookie replacing the veteran for peanuts).
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Apr 17, 2017 at 10:58 PM ]
Voluntary mini camps started today. Players finally getting a look on the field.
[ Edited by JBrack on Apr 25, 2017 at 12:20 PM ]
Originally posted by JBrack:
Voluntary mini camps started today. Players finally getting a look on the field.

Yesssss! Jimmie,AA,Ahmad,Harold,Tartt,Reid,Mitchell,Lynch,Buck,Blair.. were looking at you lol.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Yesssss! Jimmie,AA,Ahmad,Harold,Tartt,Reid,Mitchell,Lynch,Buck,Blair.. were looking at you lol.

I haven't heard a peep though. Keep checking around but nothing yet.

I haven't heard a peep though. Keep checking around but nothing yet.

That's how we like it until the draft is over

Apparently AA lined up at LEO today. Interested to hear how he went. Anyone have any news?
Originally posted by NorthernLights:
Apparently AA lined up at LEO today. Interested to hear how he went. Anyone have any news?

Nice... I'm sure it was just in base. Tried to tell people, in base you don't need a pure pass rusher to play the run.

Buck-Mitchell-Thomas/Blair-AA on first downs.. yeah,you're not running on us NFC West
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Apr 26, 2017 at 12:43 PM ]
Originally posted by NorthernLights:

Nice... I'm sure it was just in base. Tried to tell people, in base you don't need a pure pass rusher to play the run.

Buck-Mitchell-Thomas/Blair-AA on first downs.. yeah,you're not running on us NFC West

Sometimes scheme will make the defense a lot better. We could dramatically improve our run defense with scheme alone even if we have relatively the same guys on the line with minor tweaks.
Seems like Aaron Lynch is still terribly out of shape.
Share 49ersWebzone