There are 229 users in the forums

49ers sign Don Jones, Safety

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nice depth signing
Good ST/s guy. Solid backup
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Depth for Ward at FS and a good ST player.

We still need about 22 more players to acquire. At 68 players right now.

Probably no more big names. It's all camp bodies, depth, and special teams players until the draft.

The names are getting shorter and easier to spell. Also, easy nickname for Don "Juan" Jones
This seems like a signing for the ST, as Don Jones is a ST ace that would be good depth to the secondary. Good signing.

What I like about all these signings is that we're not spending a bunch or giving out bad contracts. These have been good signings for a lot of role players that fit what Kyle & Co. wants to do on offence and defense, and we still have the draft (and I'm still working on my mock).
Ward, Jones, Reid, and Tartt is pretty good depth for us at the Safety position.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Probably no more big names. It's all camp bodies, depth, and special teams players until the draft.

The names are getting shorter and easier to spell. Also, easy nickname for Don "Juan" Jones

I was thinking more of Don "Bones" Jones lol
Hopefully Don can be what we used to have with The Great CJ Spillman!
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Hopefully Don can be what we used to have with The Great CJ Spillman!

If we can form a Tony Montana squad 2.0 and get Future to perform in our home opener we're going to the playoffs

I already got our 2017 theme song for the squad!

I completely agree. Maybe a Zane Beadles here and there but no impact-type FA's.

Wow, probably right. But wish we could have signed a pas rusher (Barwin) and an Offensive lineman(RG or swing Tackle).
Originally posted by Zealot:
Sounds like a shonky car dealer.

Wasn't he the head of OCP in Robocop? No, that was Dick Jones.

Originally posted by Lobo49er:
We still need bodies. Googled him, came across this from 2014.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dolphins-fine-and-suspend-db-don-jones-for-anti-michael-sam-tweet/amp/

It was three years ago, and people can grow up a lot and mature a lot in that time.

I'm patiently awaiting the day when men can go into womens locker rooms as they shower and change. For scientific reasons of course. Science.
Share 49ersWebzone