LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

QB Matt Barkley

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Back: Bourne, Smelter, Kittle, Hoyer, Barkley, Mullens, Beathard, Goodwin, Bibbs
Front: Hikutini, Taylor, Robinson, Carter, Bolden #49ers
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 12, 2017 at 10:50 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Love Matt Barkley as a back up, hopefully he's a 49ers back up QB for a while.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Yeah, I'm hoping CJ takes that roll
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Back: Bourne, Smelter, Kittle, Hoyer, Barkley, Mullens, Beathard, Goodwin, Bibbs

Thanks for that. Wow, Smelter is an inch taller than Bourne but looks like he slimmed down to Bourne's 205 weight. Smelter used to be 227!
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 12, 2017 at 3:09 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

Thanks for that. Wow, Smelter is ann inch taller than Bourne but looks like he slimmed down to Bourne's 205 weight. Smelter used to be 227!

Taylor looks kinda like Tebow right there.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Thanks for that. Wow, Smelter is ann inch taller than Bourne but looks like he slimmed down to Bourne's 205 weight. Smelter used to be 227!

Taylor looks kinda like Tebow right there.

Look at all that speed in there.
Dang, Barkley is a big dude.

I thought Vance was gonna be there
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Deandre Smelter private messaged me on twitter after I tweeted him saying I'm pulling for him but alsp how's everything going and if he expects to make the team. He told me he's just working and whatever happens-happens pretty much. Was real cool and said he appreciates me pulling for him. I responded back asking him how tough Shannys system is and what his current weight is. Let's see if he responds.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Jul 13, 2017 at 1:17 AM ]
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Deandre Smelter private messaged me on twitter after I tweeted him saying I'm pulling for him but alsp how's everything going and if he expects to make the team. He told me he's just working and whatever happens-happens pretty much. Was real cool and said he appreciates me pulling for him. I responded back asking him how tough Shannys system is and what his current weight is. Let's see if he responds.

Nice! Keep us posted.

That might be something to read into. Juice is an OW and will chew up some TE catches.

You've got obvious chemistry with Hoyer-Kittle and Hulikini gaining ground.

You still need blocking TE's too and we have Paulsen and McDonald.

Paulsen, if cut only costs $125K. Vance can block too and add explosive plays in the passing game. It might come down to $ and of the two, who can block the best while still adding something to the passing game.

That might be something to read into. Juice is an OW and will chew up some TE catches.

Paulsen, if cut only costs $125K. Vance can block too and add explosive plays in the passing game. It might come down to $ and of the two, who can block the best while still adding something to the passing game.

No doubt, he's a very goo blocker.

His well documented weakness is dropping the ball. He knows he's on a short leach.

Another thought is that he made be trade bait to a team whose TE went down in TC.
Man i just love the initiative, the extra effort, the enthusiasm this team brings to the table. We just haven't seen this before here. EVER. So hats off to these guys, esp those who are new to the team and instead of staying home and counting their money, are gut checking it in the Dallas heat and humidity. Good on all these guys. Glad to have every one of them as potential 49ers.

Just compare this to both tomul's yr here and then chip's. Night and Day. Night and day. And good effort like this doesn't go unpunished or un- noted. Kyle and john both noticed and both were obviously prepared for a bunch of slugs this yr. Not the case. Not the case at all. It is like most of the team is trying to erase the last two yrs and start anew...but way further ahead this time, and finally we got some talent on the field.

The feeling on the field has changed. Instead of wondering will our HC if our HC really should be in the NFL, we now have guys wanting to play for our HC/ GM duo. That is great to see.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

No doubt, he's a very goo blocker.

His well documented weakness is dropping the ball. He knows he's on a short leach.

Another thought is that he made be trade bait to a team whose TE went down in TC.

This was what I was alluding too...one reason Vance may not have joined was because he may have been asked not to join to avoid injuries.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Yeah, I'm hoping CJ takes that roll

But in reality, I don't think he will be a 49er for long. If Shanahan gets his man in Kirk Cousins, I can see Hoyer being the back up for another year or two with Betheard being the #3 QB. Barkley is gonna have to really really impress Shanahan to stick around past 2017.
Share 49ersWebzone