There are 261 users in the forums

49ers WR Thread (Shanny Offense)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Any receiver worth drafting at #2?

Davis!!!!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I don't think there are any assurances Goodwin and Robinson make the roster - depends on rookies and how these guys stack up in training camp.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Any receiver worth drafting at #2?

Fournettte is a great pass receiving RB...

But McCaffrey is way better
Man, talk about taking a limp wristed WR corps, and turning them into a talented bunch...wow...and it was quick , too.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Why do so many people believe you "need" a big-bodied wide receiver? You don't. How many jump ball fades did Shanahan dial up in the end zone? He schemes guys open.

I'll take speed and quickness combined with elite play design and play calling over sheer size.
Well, I think a lot of the success has to do with the threat Julio brought... not to mention that Sanu is a big boy
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Man, talk about taking a limp wristed WR corps, and turning them into a talented bunch...wow...and it was quick , too.

I know its unlikely, but if we could somehow snag Pryor, that is easily a top 10 WR group on paper. Arguably top 5.

Pryor
Garcon
Kerley
Goodwin
Robinson
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
Well, I think a lot of the success has to do with the threat Julio brought... not to mention that Sanu is a big boy

Sanu and Garcon are almost identical. Sanu is 2 inches taller, but Garcon is actually 6 lbs heavier.

Julio is a freak. He's not normal. In addition to being big and tall, he's a burner with 4.3 speed.

I would venture to guess that Kyle is partial to speed and quickness over size. Although, I am sure if he can have all attributes he'd prefer that, but those guys are rare.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 9, 2017 at 9:38 PM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Not at #2
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

I know its unlikely, but if we could somehow snag Pryor, that is easily a top 10 WR group on paper. Arguably top 5.

Pryor
Garcon
Kerley
Goodwin
Robinson

I would be insane if the land Pryor.

Been a fan of his.

Haven't heard any links since the first rumour 48hrs ago - weird
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:

Sanu and Garcon are almost identical. Sanu is 2 inches taller, but Garcon is actually 6 lbs heavier.

Julio is a freak. He's not normal. In addition to being big and tall, he's a burner with 4.3 speed.

I would venture to guess that Kyle is partial to speed and quickness over size. Although, I am sure if he can have all attributes he'd prefer that, but those guys are rare.

You just described Julio as what Terrelle Pryor brings to the table, or as ive been mentioning.. Josh Gordon for a 6th round pick.. He'll cost $1M next year.

Pryor has been a wide receiver for one freaken year. Let's not disrespect Julio like that.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Not at #2

That's true, but at #34 (if he isn't snapped up by the Pats) gotta pull the trigger.

Trade down
Pryor has been a wide receiver for one freaken year. Let's not disrespect Julio like that.
okay, yeah.. youre right. I'm not saying he's on Julio's level. However, look at the potential.. 1st year WR, 70+ catches, 1,000 yards, most importantly... did it with the Browns. 6'3" sub 4.4 speed. and he was used the way a guy of his skill and size should be used... everywhere from deep down the field to right at the line.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Julio is a complete NFL receiver, potential HOFer....Pryor is getting by on his physical ability.
Originally posted by jcs:

Julio is a complete NFL receiver, potential HOFer....Pryor is getting by on his physical ability.

Julio is in a league of his own, no doubt, but lets not downplay Pryors season. He had a great year. He has great measurables. He also showed great route running ability and really did it against some pretty stiff competition at CB. His ceiling is really sky high, and he is high character and hard working. He is going to have a good career barring horrible luck.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Mar 9, 2017 at 9:57 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone