LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

WR Aldrick Robinson

• okdkid
  • Veteran
He was allowed to leave Atlanta for a reason. He was also signed for small dollars for a reason.

People on this board need to stop hyping people up just because they're new to the roster. Robinson, Kittle, Williams, and the list goes on. They're allowed to leave or drafted late for a reason.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
bench this dude in favor of Bourne. Why not see what he can do?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
bench this dude in favor of Bourne. Why not see what he can do?

Bourne isn't getting the offense?
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
No talk about this dude after this loss? I thought Aldrick was the worst player on the field for us at Arizona, and that's including Rashard Robinson, Fusco, and Kilgore. Inexcusable drop late, and he always seemed out of position for Hoyer's throws--Like 3+ times Hoyer threw an out when Aldrick ran a comeback. No idea how that kept happening. Hoyer was 3/12 targeting him, but he had to keep looking his way with Goodwin out and Pat P taking Garcon out of the game. Putrid showing.

Agree, except for the part about Rashard Robinson. NO ONE is as bad as he is. That's just simply not possible.
[ Edited by baltien on Oct 2, 2017 at 11:11 AM ]
Does Robinson have any trade value at all? At the very least, he's going to free up some more cap space?
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:
Does Robinson have any trade value at all?

No.
Originally posted by okdkid:
He was allowed to leave Atlanta for a reason. He was also signed for small dollars for a reason.

People on this board need to stop hyping people up just because they're new to the roster. Robinson, Kittle, Williams, and the list goes on. They're allowed to leave or drafted late for a reason.

This post is pretty funny now.
Robinson's a goner. He knows the system, but he has zero upside and doesn't bring anything special to the team that can't be replaced.
I agree that Robinson is going to get cut, just like Beadles will. I am hoping that we end up being able to trade Ward away at some point for either a 2019 r 2020 7th round pick, or for a player with no guaranteed money, that we can just cut. Basically it is all about shedding the 8.5 million owed to Ward for this season, and being able to roll it over to next year, and utilize it better. Pennies saved are pennies earned. I could see the Browns willing to take Ward basically just for his salary, not just because they have tons of cap space, but because they actually have a need for him, and adding him would help their secondary. It could be a win-win trade. The Browns improve their secondary, and we save the 8.5 million, and allow another young secondary guy to make the 53.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
I agree that Robinson is going to get cut, just like Beadles will. I am hoping that we end up being able to trade Ward away at some point for either a 2019 r 2020 7th round pick, or for a player with no guaranteed money, that we can just cut. Basically it is all about shedding the 8.5 million owed to Ward for this season, and being able to roll it over to next year, and utilize it better. Pennies saved are pennies earned. I could see the Browns willing to take Ward basically just for his salary, not just because they have tons of cap space, but because they actually have a need for him, and adding him would help their secondary. It could be a win-win trade. The Browns improve their secondary, and we save the 8.5 million, and allow another young secondary guy to make the 53.

Robinson is the 7th WR at the moment for me. Goodwin, Garcon, Taylor, Pettis, Bourne, James, Robinson, Dunbar, Burbridge, Bolden, McCaffery, Carter/

Dunbar is interesting in that he plays WR like a basketball player ... but he's so slow he may just not be able to play for Shanahan.

On you Beadles comment ... my concern with him being cut is that he's actually capable of playing NFL level ball at every position on the line, so he may survive yet another cut down day. Let's just hope he never gets to play.

Only way I see Beadles making the 53, is if Magnuson poops the bed and shows he can't be a 4th Guard/2nd string Center. I think Beadles is gone, and we keep a Center on the PS, and have Magnuson on the 53 or 46 depending on how many Olineman they want active on game days. Saving 3.5 million on Beadles makes too much sense. We spent heavy on Jimmy G, we need to save big dollars when we can on borderline guys. Saving these dollars now, allows us to add more in FA, or be able to have the money available to keep the guys we want.
Only way I see Beadles making the 53, is if Magnuson poops the bed and shows he can't be a 4th Guard/2nd string Center. I think Beadles is gone, and we keep a Center on the PS, and have Magnuson on the 53 or 46 depending on how many Olineman they want active on game days. Saving 3.5 million on Beadles makes too much sense. We spent heavy on Jimmy G, we need to save big dollars when we can on borderline guys. Saving these dollars now, allows us to add more in FA, or be able to have the money available to keep the guys we want.

I'm really hoping Magnuson keep Beadles off the roster. He needs a good summer to do it, and I hope he does

I hope so, but coaches tend to be very cautious when keeping their backup OL, and C is a key position, and Richburg has a recent injury history. If Beadles works better at C than Magnuson he could make the roster AGAIN.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Robinson's a goner. He knows the system, but he has zero upside and doesn't bring anything special to the team that can't be replaced.

Yep. Alright pdizo, you can officially post the Bob barker this guy sucks gif.
He must've struggled in practice or something because when he is out there I don't see him playing bad. I see him make catches... I still see speed and quickness. I just don't see him getting opportunities.

I would have liked to keep him, if Goodwin went down. I don't trust James as a regular receiver...and certainly don't believe in Burbridge.

Oh well. I'm sure he is going to get picked up quick. He looked like a mismatch for defenders his last year with the Falcons. Shifty as f**k.
Share 49ersWebzone