LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

How will the Super Bowl collapse effect Shanny?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He'll be right mate.
He's so mentally scarred he'll never throw a pass again hence why we just signed the best fb, blocking te, and may draft Fournette.
If you want to know how he really felt days after that loss:

Fifteen years after Kyle and Mandy Shanahan were bonded by her worst personal tragedy, they recently shared his lowest professional moment in a Houston hotel room.

Mandy was with Kyle and his parents, Mike and Peggy, after the Falcons squandered a 25-point lead in an overtime loss to the Patriots in Super Bowl LI. The meltdown immediately inspired national criticism of Kyle's decisions as offensive coordinator and, nearly two weeks after the game, Mandy spoke haltingly as she relived the fallout.

What is there to say when exultation is kicked aside for agony? Mandy tried to explain.

"Sorry, this is the hard part," she said, pausing a few moments. "We just sat in a dark room for an hour. You're speechless. (Kyle) was broken."

She continued. Kyle flew back to Atlanta with the team the next day and a similar scene played out when he greeted his children: Stella, 9, Carter, 7, and Lexi, 4.

"It was the first time that our kids have seen their dad crumble when he walked through the door," Mandy said. "That's hard to watch."

http://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/article/49ers-Kyle-Shanahan-may-find-strength-in-Super-10977573.php
Shanny will be fine
Personally I blame Lady Gaga , the Falcons had to sit for an hour and lost their edge , and the momentum went to the Patriots in a big way , I'll bet Shanahan get's pissed when he hears Poker face
He was upset. He grieved. Clearly he wasn't "broken." Now it's onto the next thing. Lessons learned.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
19-0
I hope he won't do boneheaded play calling like that..... They could have easily won.
You move on. It's just what you do.

Patriots are already making big roster moves because Bellichick is already on to next season despite winning the Super Bowl last month. Shanahan should move on too. It's what good coaches are supposed to do.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I hope he won't do boneheaded play calling like that..... They could have easily won.

Head coach isn't accountable for telling his OC what he expects?

• Nuns
  • Veteran
Hopefully he wins the next one!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Head coach isn't accountable for telling his OC what he expects?

The HC didn't know wtf he was doing / was riding Shanny's coattails, Kyle was calling the shots (on offense)... Quinn / Falcons don't even get close to sniffing the SB w/out Shanny
Originally posted by LenCat:
I'm hoping he'll forget about it and be a great coach but I can't help thinking it will nag at him and effect him in the future. Am I wrong?

It won't AFFECT him, other than make him hungry to get back to the big game and prove he can do it right. That is the only EFFECT.
[ Edited by JimA49ers on Mar 10, 2017 at 7:04 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone