LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 310 users in the forums

How will the Super Bowl collapse effect Shanny?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm hoping he'll forget about it and be a great coach but I can't help thinking it will nag at him and effect him in the future. Am I wrong?
[ Edited by LenCat on Mar 9, 2017 at 8:03 AM ]
Still too young, no worries.
[ Edited by Bluesbro on Mar 9, 2017 at 8:12 AM ]
Originally posted by LenCat:
I'm hoping he'll forget about it and be a great coach but I can't help thinking it will nag at him and effect him in the future. Am I wrong?

Yes
He will be fine. Some fans think there are coaches who can get to but not win a Super Bowl (Haraugh, Levy) bit I never bought into that line of thinking. He made a mistake and nost likely learned from it.
Marv may have never won a SB but it wasn't him missing kicks.
That which doesn't kill us - makes us stronger

or something like that
at least he is with another team. he will be fine. Biggest reason Falcons collapsed was their trash D anyway
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
*affect
  • Antix
  • Veteran
We'll see. If anything I hope it proves to him how hard it is to win the SB. He was up 28-3 and still lost. Now he realizes no matter how good you are or how well things are going a SB is NEVER at any point guaranteed.

So then he over compensates and we win the SB 65-3
I think losing as the OC can only help him as a HC, Growth Mindset...

Learn from mistakes, your and others.
[ Edited by glorydayz on Mar 9, 2017 at 10:03 AM ]
I don't think it will affect him.

• ital
  • Veteran
Hopefully it affects him in a good way...run the ball with a substantial lead. But really, he's already moved on with all the free agents that seem to want to be in SF...Go niners
  • jrg
  • Veteran
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/187983-head-coach-kyle-shanahan-thread/
The painful loss will propel him to higher heights as HC of the 49ers. He will never forget it and he will -- probably already has -- analyze what went wrong, and adjust accordingly. I'll be shocked to see us ever take our foot off the pedal when we have a high powered offense in place. KS may have lost as an OC in the SB, but that was just his proving ground for when he gets there as a HC. We'll get win #6 (and beyond) before we get loss #2 in the SB.
Coach is consumed with rebuilding our team, as is Lynch. He really doesn't have time to worry about the SB...it's history. Besides, it was as much a failure of Ryan to execute the plays Coach called that contributed to their loss.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
It won't, new team new year and he's in charge.

Might effect M.Ryan and D.Quinn however. I'm expecting a letdown on their end similar to what happened to Carolina in 2016.
Share 49ersWebzone