LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

The Strategy???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by father49er:
Lynch has said he wants to go into the draft not having a need in any position and draft bpa. He wants to use the cap space and FA to fill the needs. He's executing to his words.

Maybe he is counting on Cousins to fill a position of need before the draft?
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Yup, and jusczyk's $5mil per just put a fine point on it.

How about you look at the $11 million guaranteed you know the real money?

Dude isn't gonna be just a FB he's gonna be doing stuff like this...

https://twitter.com/rob_lowder/status/839682226983849988
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
So far so good, I am really looking forward to see how it comes together, hopefully with a FQB candidate sooner than later.

Amen to that brother!
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Great take, man. I agree, Lynch and Shanahan approached this FA period with the goal of simply adding some good players. We didn't go crazy with any $100 mil contracts or anything like that, but we upgraded the talent base on this team with several players. Each one of these players will fit into a specific role and produce something for us.

We've been too passive in FA the last few years. Ideally we want to use FA to supplement the draft, not ignore it entirely. Shanahan and Lynch haven't even won a game yet here, but have instantly brought back good vibes and a sense of stability needed to attract players to come here, and we didn't have to grossly overpay to do it.

We're not going to turn this around overnight. All these additions don't suddenly make us a playoff team again, but what it does show is that Shanahan and Lynch have a vision. They know exactly what we need to get and how to get it. It should only be a matter of when, not if, we are competing again under their leadership.

Sums it all up nicely
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Great take, man. I agree, Lynch and Shanahan approached this FA period with the goal of simply adding some good players. We didn't go crazy with any $100 mil contracts or anything like that, but we upgraded the talent base on this team with several players. Each one of these players will fit into a specific role and produce something for us.

We've been too passive in FA the last few years. Ideally we want to use FA to supplement the draft, not ignore it entirely. Shanahan and Lynch haven't even won a game yet here, but have instantly brought back good vibes and a sense of stability needed to attract players to come here, and we didn't have to grossly overpay to do it.

We're not going to turn this around overnight. All these additions don't suddenly make us a playoff team again, but what it does show is that Shanahan and Lynch have a vision. They know exactly what we need to get and how to get it. It should only be a matter of when, not if, we are competing again under their leadership.

Sums it all up nicely

Gotta nail the draft and catch a lil lightning in a bottle.
The strategy is to build a fantastic defence first.

Maybe even next year's draft picks will all be defensive.

Then and only then, when we have the best D in the NFC do you draft for offense and GLORY
I don't mean to brag, but they followed my rebuilding plan to a tee. LOL
You are very smart NCommand.
Originally posted by VANiner:
You gotta pay players. You think it's too much for arguably the best FB in the game? When that position is heavily utilized in the team's O? And also for 4 years and the guy is 25.

Can receive like Woody too.

The Strategy is to get guys young enough so they are hungry to perform and give them an environment to perform in.

Without Prima donnas.
Share 49ersWebzone