LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 193 users in the forums

Brian Hoyer

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by thl408:
This could be a move that let's WAS know the 49ers don't need to get Cousins this year since the 49ers now have a vet QB in Hoyer. Thus improving the 49ers leverage because they won't be as desperate as they would be had they there been zero QBs on the 49er roster. I don't think signing Hoyer automatically means Cousins trade talk is off.

If WAS wants a draft pick, then we have all the leverage. They should just take a 2nd rounder for Cousins otherwise they gonna get nothing next year.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Year 2 under Shanahan always better than Year 1........even if Year 2 is happening 3 years later.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't agree that this means no trade for Cousins this year. I think it's still on going probably up until the draft.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by thl408:
This could be a move that let's WAS know the 49ers don't need to get Cousins this year since the 49ers now have a vet QB in Hoyer. Thus improving the 49ers leverage because they won't be as desperate as they would be had they there been zero QBs on the 49er roster. I don't think signing Hoyer automatically means Cousins trade talk is off.

If WAS wants a draft pick, then we have all the leverage. They should just take a 2nd rounder for Cousins otherwise they gonna get nothing next year.

Yeah, we have all the leverage right now. It's either pay or trade for the Skins.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 8, 2017 at 12:27 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Year 2 under Shanahan always better than Year 1........even if Year 2 is happening 3 years later.

He was awful that year.

55% comp%
12:13 TD:INT ratio
76 passer rating
Originally posted by mayo49:
I don't agree that this means no trade for Cousins this year. I think it's still on going probably up until the draft.

This. Hoyer is a career backup....why the expectation that he will be the starter now? They probably told him that he has a decent shot at starting IF a trade can't be worked out for Cousins.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

It's a huge jump to conclusions when people say that the Cousins trade isn't happening due to signing Hoyer. Shoot the new league year hasn't even started yet.
Safe pickup because it's not worth to put it all in the Cousins basket
Does this signing rule out Schuab being a backup here?
Now that Hoyer is onboard he should be forbidden from wearing #2. I don't want the stench of Glaine Babbert to rub off on him

He should wear #7 instead
[ Edited by SofaKing on Mar 8, 2017 at 12:31 PM ]

Originally posted by robniner:

Yes, Shaub agreed to re-sign with the Falcons moments ago

No, but Schuab signing with Atlanta sure would.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by baltien:

This. Hoyer is a career backup....why the expectation that he will be the starter now? They probably told him that he has a decent shot at starting IF a trade can't be worked out for Cousins.

Like the insiders have said i doubt he signs with SF if Cousins was realistic this year.
Hello Hoyer and soon to be new draft pick N.Petermen
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Mar 8, 2017 at 12:31 PM ]

Schaub re-signed with Falcons,so yes.
Share 49ersWebzone