LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

Brian Hoyer

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by hummbabybear:
Originally posted by captveg:
I feel bad for Hoyer on a personal level, but he simply blew his chance to play at the average level we were expecting and ended up playing well below what one would have anticipated. It's a tough business, but theme the breaks.

Before you feel too bad for him, he has earned about $20M in his career so far...

Oh, yeah, it's certainly all relative. I was thinking more in regards to moving his family around as much as he has. That part if it has gotta suck, and he just blew his best opportunity for stability. Obviously far, far worse realities out there for other people, but that's still gotta smart for Hoyer.
[ Edited by captveg on Oct 15, 2017 at 3:42 PM ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,500 for vamphunter23.
was only a matter of time....just another Niners QB holding a clipboard
I feel bad for Hoyer on a personal level, but he simply blew his chance to play at the average level we were expecting and ended up playing well below what one would have anticipated. It's a tough business, but theme the breaks.

I don't. He's an 8 year vet, he shouldn't be playing this bad.

Originally posted by hummbabybear:
Before you feel too bad for him, he has earned about $20M in his career so far...

Talk about failing upwards.
[ Edited by linkboy on Oct 15, 2017 at 3:39 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
My guess is that what kyle remembered of him, was not the hoyer we have seen the last 6 weeks. Now he has made his choice, CJ will stay there by his play. Arm strength is fine, accuracy needs some work, but is way better than hoyers.

Truth!

VERY uplifting - KS knows QB's.
TBH the guy was looking like a PTSD victim each week with the vicious hits he was taking. He looked like a dude desperately awaiting his Day shift replacement at a crappy canning factory job.

Was a very classy exit, too bad his wife only left one frozen hotdog in the sink.
Thanks Hoyer, wish it would have worked out.
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
Bye bye hoyer
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes agoMore
And another shoe drops: 49ers are releasing QB Brian Hoyer, per source.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Sucks for him on a personal level, re: moving his family around and then putting all the work in during the off-season. But it's a performance based business, and it's tough to look at his performance and not come to this conclusion.

Sorry, Hoyer. You just couldn't cut it.
He was the answer right fellas?
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

Nobody said that.
Thanks for nothing
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

Nobody said that.
JG is not the answer either. but it gives us hope and a chance
Share 49ersWebzone