LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 166 users in the forums

WR Marquise "Flash" Goodwin (traded to PHI)

Shop 49ers game tickets
This latest tweet is why I love the Goodwin signing. A witty positive message. Rams just acquired two good CBs. They are scared of Jimmy G. Doesn't want the spotlight but puts those positive vibes out there. We are gonna be good!
Edit: Wow I totally thought Witherspoons tweet was Goodwins. I'm go in to bed now. Too much alcohol.
[ Edited by jvangeystel on Mar 8, 2018 at 8:37 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
No need to pay for either of them dudes, we don't need avg Joe's at the RB position we drafting a young stud and he goes by the name of
Royce Freeman

I love Freeman but Lewis is far from average

He isn't a true primary back that's for sure. I'd rather sign McKinnon if that's the case.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:
thats always your answer. attack the poster. real mature. when you stand still,. you lose ground. garcon is 32 and coming off a major neck injury, to plug him in at number one and keep everything status quo is stupid. you are not stupid. the idea of not upgrading the wide outs with a nice free agent and say lazard in round five is a good idea

garcon - 32, no problem
Talib - 32 lol rams signing his old ass

~NT
Originally posted by jcs:
i get the acl concerns and i would not sign him to big money because of that

Then we will not be signing him because he is going to get 13 mil a year.

I bet it's closer to 14-15 million a year. There are a lot of teams with money to burn this F/A period.

Robinson isn2t worth that to me. If thats the price tag then pass. But i think he's being totally over valued coming off the acl. I mean terelle pryor had a more tham good season and had to sign a 1 yr prove it deal. Same for Alshon after injury. Im just not sure why Tobinson warrants so much money a year. He's good but not great
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:

I bet it's closer to 14-15 million a year. There are a lot of teams with money to burn this F/A period.

Robinson isn2t worth that to me. If thats the price tag then pass. But i think he's being totally over valued coming off the acl. I mean terelle pryor had a more tham good season and had to sign a 1 yr prove it deal. Same for Alshon after injury. Im just not sure why Tobinson warrants so much money a year. He's good but not great
It's because there are nearly 10 teams with close to 50 million in cap space this offseason and at least 6 of them need a WR.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Carlos is absolutely the worst fit possible for this offense. He needs to go to a shotgun team like the Colts.

Dion Lewis in the pass game with Shanahan will be unstoppable.

Breida can catch the ball. You will only be doubling up on 2 non-physical small backs to play the pass game.

Even if you don't keep Carlos, you will need a big back one way or another. There is just no way we are paying a 5'8" scatback to be our lead back.

I am not going to argue about Carlos, but you got to do better than Dion Lewis. Having the ability to catch the ball is just not enough. At the end of the day, we are talking about running backs here and we need to have a solid run game going disregard whether the backs can catch the ball well or not.
Originally posted by lamontb:

It's because there are nearly 10 teams with close to 50 million in cap space this offseason and at least 6 of them need a WR.

I think Robinson is worth the risk and if we can't sign him, I'd go after Watkins, Moncrief and maybe try to trade for Bryant as others have mentioned.
Wow, if only there was a Free Agency forum
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
garcon - 32, no problem

~NT

Truth
Originally posted by pdizo916:
garcon - 32, no problem

~NT

Truth

Talib is older.

Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Not interested in paying Robinson big money coming off that injury. As far as FA's go, I want us to sign Norwell and T. Johnson. Norwell gives us a STUD LG, and Johnson gives us a shut down corner to pair with Witherspoon. As far as WR goes, I would trust Shanahan to be able to find a FA WR that he thinks he can coach up, like he did with Goodwin. Having Garcon+Goodwin+Taylor is not to shabby with Jimmy G throwing them the ball. Granted we do need to get a young big target type sooner rather than later. Personally I would beat the tires on getting M. Bryant from the Steelers, perhaps we could get him for a 6th or 7th round pick, or maybe trade someone redundant on our roster like Armstead? Bryant to me would give us that big bodied target Jimmy could use close to the goal line, and Bryant is a deep threat as well. If we did trade for Bryant, I would try to lock him up to a reasonable extension quickly, because he could have a HUGE season for us, and I'd like to keep him relatively cheap if possible.

I have been hoping for the Bryant idea too but T. Johnson was not good last year. I think he was rated the 68th CB in the NFL.
Not interested in paying Robinson big money coming off that injury. As far as FA's go, I want us to sign Norwell and T. Johnson. Norwell gives us a STUD LG, and Johnson gives us a shut down corner to pair with Witherspoon. As far as WR goes, I would trust Shanahan to be able to find a FA WR that he thinks he can coach up, like he did with Goodwin. Having Garcon+Goodwin+Taylor is not to shabby with Jimmy G throwing them the ball. Granted we do need to get a young big target type sooner rather than later. Personally I would beat the tires on getting M. Bryant from the Steelers, perhaps we could get him for a 6th or 7th round pick, or maybe trade someone redundant on our roster like Armstead? Bryant to me would give us that big bodied target Jimmy could use close to the goal line, and Bryant is a deep threat as well. If we did trade for Bryant, I would try to lock him up to a reasonable extension quickly, because he could have a HUGE season for us, and I'd like to keep him relatively cheap if possible.

My man!!!! I like how you think. I follow both teams and I know that both teams can benefit from this trade. The Steelers can use another "pass rushing" big end and the niners can use a body like Bryant. As far as who's the better player, it's obviously Bryant. But the Steelers have a lot of young receivers that need to get their shine in and can make Bryant disposable...for the right price. However, I would not lock him up for an extension because he is a head case. I would want to see how his 2018 campaign goes and then maybe, just maybe, offer him a contract.

If the 49ers can pull of this trade, then their 4 WR's offer uniquely different skill set but they compliment each other to a T. Garcon is the overall possession/tough receiver. Goodwin is the stretch WR with his blazing speed. Taylor is a slot WR who can catch almost anything. And Bryant would be that RZ target from hell. He also has the speed to take it to the distance. I don't think the 49ers NEED a #1 WR, but they need guys who can compliment each other.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

My man!!!! I like how you think. I follow both teams and I know that both teams can benefit from this trade. The Steelers can use another "pass rushing" big end and the niners can use a body like Bryant. As far as who's the better player, it's obviously Bryant. But the Steelers have a lot of young receivers that need to get their shine in and can make Bryant disposable...for the right price. However, I would not lock him up for an extension because he is a head case. I would want to see how his 2018 campaign goes and then maybe, just maybe, offer him a contract.

If the 49ers can pull of this trade, then their 4 WR's offer uniquely different skill set but they compliment each other to a T. Garcon is the overall possession/tough receiver. Goodwin is the stretch WR with his blazing speed. Taylor is a slot WR who can catch almost anything. And Bryant would be that RZ target from hell. He also has the speed to take it to the distance. I don't think the 49ers NEED a #1 WR, but they need guys who can compliment each other.

I keep forgetting you're a steeler fan.
Armstead might be a starter for us on early downs if we can't find a 3 down LEO though.

Although the idea of a Bryant for Armstesd swap is intriquing.
garcon - 32, no problem

~NT

I read it as

Garçon - 32. Too old. Need to replace him.
Talib - 32 . We should have got him! Lynch needs to start making moves!
Share 49ersWebzone