There are 227 users in the forums

WR Marquise "Flash" Goodwin (traded to PHI)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by dioworld:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Lynch took a gamble on this signing. He can come back and not be the same player again, or he can come back and continue where he left off, and then you would have to pay him 10+ mil a year.

Everything is a gamble in the NFL

LOL. This is not a gamble. We extended the guy three years and he is only guaranteed 10. LOL. The overreaction is insane.

EVERYONE knew Goodwin would be extended. EVERYONE.

If you didn't, i have to question if you even watched games last season.

I think by "gamble" he meant that this extension is less expensive than it would be if Goodwin comes back and continues to perform at the level he was with JG. But more expensive than it would be if Goodwin comes back and doesn't have that same level of production.

I somewhat agree, if you only look at if from a production standpoint. To me, Goodwin embodies everything you want in a player and teammate, and that is worth a lot. He's an excellent player that produces, but is also a high character guy that the team feeds off of. Extending him in this manner send him and the team a clear message - if you buy into the system and produce, you will be rewarded.

at least you can read
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by dioworld:
Lynch took a gamble on this signing. He can come back and not be the same player again, or he can come back and continue where he left off, and then you would have to pay him 10+ mil a year.

Everything is a gamble in the NFL

LOL. This is not a gamble. We extended the guy three years and he is only guaranteed 10. LOL. The overreaction is insane.

EVERYONE knew Goodwin would be extended. EVERYONE.

If you didn't, i have to question if you even watched games last season.

I think by "gamble" he meant that this extension is less expensive than it would be if Goodwin comes back and continues to perform at the level he was with JG. But more expensive than it would be if Goodwin comes back and doesn't have that same level of production.

I somewhat agree, if you only look at if from a production standpoint. To me, Goodwin embodies everything you want in a player and teammate, and that is worth a lot. He's an excellent player that produces, but is also a high character guy that the team feeds off of. Extending him in this manner send him and the team a clear message - if you buy into the system and produce, you will be rewarded.

at least you can read

Look at the WR's making comparable money to Goodwin, and then come back again and explain to me how it is a Gamble.
Sweet. I like him.
He made plays all over the field and wasn't afraid to go over the middle. Never had a QB in Buffalo, he has one now.
Love it! Started the season with a couple drops but got that fixed and played great. Would've gone over 1k if not for that dirty hit by the Rams DB.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
He made plays all over the field and wasn't afraid to go over the middle. Never had a QB in Buffalo, he has one now.

Yes! Absolutely love this extension
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Don't think we'll go after Taylor Gabriel now ...

good
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Don't think we'll go after Taylor Gabriel now ...

I always felt getting Gabriel didn't make much sense because we have a few short/speedy receivers already on the roster.
Great re-signing I still think we should go get Allen Robinson.

Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Great re-signing I still think we should go get Allen Robinson.

Meh. Garcon is going to be a beast on those playaction crossers. He was well on his way to 1000 yards with Hoyer and Beathard. I think he puts up 1200 easily.

WR1- Pierre Garcon
WR2- Marquise Goodwin
Slot- Trent Taylor
TE- George Kittle
RB- Dion Lewis

Wow
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Mar 8, 2018 at 2:09 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Meh. Garcon is going to be a beast on those playaction crossers. He was well on his way to 1000 yards with Hoyer and Beathard. I think he puts up 1200 easily.

WR1- Pierre Garcon
WR2- Marquise Goodwin
Slot- Trent Taylor
TE- George Kittle
RB- Dion Lewis

Wow

I wouldn't let a 30 year old WR be my excuse as to why I don't sign a 24 year old pro bowl WR
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Paraag, being Paraag

How much was he suppose to earn this year anyways?
Much deserved - can't help but love the kid. Very happy for him.
Now he can afford 3 Lambos to jump over
Share 49ersWebzone