LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

WR Marquise "Flash" Goodwin (traded to PHI)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Well that kinda changings things a little for the people that don't think they can go after Arob
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Don't think we'll go after Taylor Gabriel now ...

We don't need him. We need a big bodied WR

Paraag, being Paraag
Great signing.. I love what 9ers office doing. Taking care of your own core of people first, then get talent to upgrade.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
So happy for Goodwin. He absolutely deserves this.
Lynch took a gamble on this signing. He can come back and not be the same player again, or he can come back and continue where he left off, and then you would have to pay him 10+ mil a year.
He Earned this. We got some burner speed still on offense, Jimmy G will start hittin the deep balls with goodwin.
Originally posted by braap49er:

We drafting one.
Originally posted by dioworld:
Great signing.. I love what 9ers office doing. Taking care of your own core of people first, then get talent to upgrade.

I love this, and it sends a message, perform and you'll be looked after, we could have made him prove it again next year and then had a tricky negotiation. We stepped up and handled business, Baalke would never have made this signing.

Love the direction of this team, love the coaches and the front office. Pumped.
This is a good win for us. When he does the little things like come back for a poorly thrown pass and take the ball away from the defender, shows me he cares about winning.

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Lynch took a gamble on this signing. He can come back and not be the same player again, or he can come back and continue where he left off, and then you would have to pay him 10+ mil a year.

Everything is a gamble in the NFL
Originally posted by braap49er:

I agree we do but I alot wanted Gabriel cause of tha shanny and ATL connection

LOL. This is not a gamble. We extended the guy three years and he is only guaranteed 10. LOL. The overreaction is insane.

EVERYONE knew Goodwin would be extended. EVERYONE.

If you didn't, i have to question if you even watched games last season.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Well that kinda changings things a little for the people that don't think they can go after Arob

Very nice!!
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

LOL. This is not a gamble. We extended the guy three years and he is only guaranteed 10. LOL. The overreaction is insane.

EVERYONE knew Goodwin would be extended. EVERYONE.

If you didn't, i have to question if you even watched games last season.

I think by "gamble" he meant that this extension is less expensive than it would be if Goodwin comes back and continues to perform at the level he was with JG. But more expensive than it would be if Goodwin comes back and doesn't have that same level of production.

I somewhat agree, if you only look at if from a production standpoint. To me, Goodwin embodies everything you want in a player and teammate, and that is worth a lot. He's an excellent player that produces, but is also a high character guy that the team feeds off of. Extending him in this manner send him and the team a clear message - if you buy into the system and produce, you will be rewarded.
Share 49ersWebzone