LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

WR Marquise "Flash" Goodwin (traded to PHI)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Really good game.

He's got a shot at finishing the season with a thousand yards with Garoppolo under center.
Whatever he did to work on his hands has worked.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Whatever he did to work on his hands has worked.

I think a lot of it is ball placement from JG, Goodwin had a great game and I think it's cause JG leads him into open field which CJ did not manage to do consistently.
He hasn't had that many drops since the first few games of the season. People are being too hard on him.
Originally posted by Buchy:
I think a lot of it is ball placement from JG, Goodwin had a great game and I think it's cause JG leads him into open field which CJ did not manage to do consistently.

Agreed, he isn't the best at tracking the ball in the air. But if you put it on him he does fine like we saw today.
We should extend this guy. I believe he only signed a two year deal. He has a future here
Career day
Originally posted by RidetheHyde:
We should extend this guy. I believe he only signed a two year deal. He has a future here

Gotta love the webzone.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Gotta love the webzone.

Getting an opportunity as the #1 wr really helped him out. I'd wait and see what he does once we got a full arsenal again but he's definitely deserved another starting look next year.
He's a great 3, put him in the slot and in motion so he gets free releases off the line and he's a hand full for any secondary.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I'm proud of him he's learning how to catch.
Originally posted by steiber:
He's a great 3, put him in the slot and in motion so he gets free releases off the line and he's a hand full for any secondary.

He and Taylor will be great in 4-wide and 5-wide sets next year. Garcon, Goodwin, and Taylor are all keepers for next year. Get us another weapon and the sky is the limit for us.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 3, 2017 at 4:55 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by steiber:

He and Taylor will be great in 4-wide and 5-wide sets next year. Garcon, Goodwin, and Taylor are all keepers for next year. Get us another weapon and the sky is the limit for us.

Thats what im envisioning and praying for as well lol.
I'm a Goodwin fan. His speed is silly and his route running is damn good.
Yea, he's a keeper. He had a rough start, but since Garçon went down he's averaged more than 80 yards receiving a game. He's more of a big play guy than a possession receiver, but he's not bad as a #2 or #3 guy.
Share 49ersWebzone