LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

WR Pierre Garcon thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Heroism:
Garcon's style lends itself to longevity ala Anquan. The guy has plenty years of left in the tank.

This. He just gets open and has great hands too.
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Wow amazing. With the emergence of Goodwin and Trent WR isn't a pressing need anymore.

Brady's just beat the jags w amendola lol

He was the only consistent guy keeping the sticks moving the first half of the season. f**ked up that so many guys here are writing him off. Garçon is a bad mothaf**ka, expect a great year. He's gonna be a key piece in our success.

Wow amazing. With the emergence of Goodwin and Trent WR isn't a pressing need anymore.

Pretty much. And Brady has done it largely all his career. Outside of Randy Moss, has he ever had an All-Pro/Pro Bowl receiver (the year(s) they were actually on the Patriots)? We can confidently scratch Robinson off of the FA need list. I will would like to draft a receiver, but we can wait until day 2 if we'd like now. Ideally, I'd like three receivers on the roster with starting ability. Right now, we have two and Trent holding down the slot. Scratching receiver off of the list also puts us in a potential to really get a competent starting guard and center for this system. Not that we were hurting for money, but I do not want us to have a 2007 like offseason.

Nice. Can't wait to see him with Jimmy G next season
Originally posted by Heroism:
Garcon's style lends itself to longevity ala Anquan. The guy has plenty years of left in the tank.

He definitely still looked like he had some wheels last year as well. I think he and JG will be a great combo
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Pretty much. And Brady has done it largely all his career. Outside of Randy Moss, has he ever had an All-Pro/Pro Bowl receiver (the year(s) they were actually on the Patriots)? We can confidently scratch Robinson off of the FA need list. I will would like to draft a receiver, but we can wait until day 2 if we'd like now. Ideally, I'd like three receivers on the roster with starting ability. Right now, we have two and Trent holding down the slot. Scratching receiver off of the list also puts us in a potential to really get a competent starting guard and center for this system. Not that we were hurting for money, but I do not want us to have a 2007 like offseason.

Wes Welker says hi.
Originally posted by DaBum:
Wes Welker says hi.

And one of the best tight ends of all time.

Wes Welker says hi.

And Welker was just another guy before Brady and hot exactly heralded like that coming out of school. Also, how did Welker do pre and post Brady?
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Wes Welker says hi.

Gronk is a different story. But we just saw Brady win the game without Gronk. Those players help, but I hope no one is under the impression that Brady truly needs this players. It helps a lot, but we doesn't need studs at these positions in the same way that say a Matt Ryan does to be successful.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Jan 24, 2018 at 10:14 PM ]
And Welker was just another guy before Brady and hot exactly heralded like that coming out of school. Also, how did Welker do pre and post Brady?

Gronk is a different story. But we just saw Brady win the game without Gronk. Those players help, but I hope no one is under the impression that Brady truly needs this players. It helps a lot, but we doesn't need studs at these positions in the same way that say a Matt Ryan does to be successful.

Yea Brady doesn't need it. Was just pointing out that gronk is the man.
lol at these fans who were complaining that he signed for too much money. The 49ers led the league in cap room and people were still complaining. SMH.

Originally posted by pdizo916:
lol at these fans who were complaining that he signed for too much money. The 49ers led the league in cap room and people were still complaining. SMH.

Yep. Garcon is going to have a great season.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran

Wes Welker says hi.

Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Wes Welker says hi.

You really think Welker, who led the league in catches 3 times, was only good because of Brady? He put up a near 70 catch season as the 3rd receiver on a Miami team starting the shells of Harrington and Culpepper. He then played all his prime years in NE. He was allowed to walk only after he lost a step and had injury issues. Even still, he put up a 73-778-10 season on an absolutely loaded Denver team before injuries destroyed him.

Did his stats get inflated by playing on the perfect team for his skill set? Sure. But he was still a very good, Pro Bowl level WR if he played his prime elsewhere.

Brady didn't have the receivers Peyton had but he still had at worst an average receiving core.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Yep. Garcon is going to have a great season.

he is very nice but we need a upgrade there with a free agent or a nice rookie in round 4 maybe
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
he is very nice but we need a upgrade there with a free agent or a nice rookie in round 4 maybe

Depth? Absolutely. Upgrade? Not really.

Garcon at 1, Goodwin at 2, Taylor at 3 and a mid-round rookie wildcard is an above average receiving core. Better than most teams.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Depth? Absolutely. Upgrade? Not really.

Garcon at 1, Goodwin at 2, Taylor at 3 and a mid-round rookie wildcard is an above average receiving core. Better than most teams.

garcon is not a number one and coming off a serious neck injury. if the team signs a good free agent that would up the game. goodwin now has to worry about concussions and taylor does double duty for us. i do not care what the good but small body of work showed in regards to wide outs and tight ends. we need a upgrade in both. sure its not the list of things to do as high as o line a cornerback pass rusher and better linebackers but its there in my opinion
Share 49ersWebzone