LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Who Was More Talented? (Willis or Lewis)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who Was More Talented? (Willis or Lewis)

Willis is a quitter, doesn't belong in the same sentence as Lewis
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Patrick Willis had more talent. So sad he retired.....
Ray Lewis had more talent around him and a better leader.

I agree...A better vocal leader. P. Willis just not a hoorah kinda leader.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Willis is a quitter, doesn't belong in the same sentence as Lewis

His foot quit on him tho.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:

It wasn't like he was crippled. He just lost a step and couldn't physically do what he used to do. Guys either quit at the point in their career or they adapt.
Originally posted by jcs:

It wasn't like he was crippled. He just lost a step and couldn't physically do what he used to do. Guys either quit at the point in their career or they adapt.

Funny as hell to see couch potatoes call a great NFL linebacker a quitter. We couldn't dream of doing what Willis did, and he did it for 9 freaking seasons. I would bet Patrick's money was more secure than Ray's, allowing him to walk away from the game earlier than normal peacefully. You're going to see more guys do that as they are able to make more money.

Love Pat, but Ray was the better player and the more talented player.
Lewis. If PWilly could kill people it wouldn't even be close
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
Funny as hell to see couch potatoes call a great NFL linebacker a quitter. We couldn't dream of doing what Willis did, and he did it for 9 freaking seasons. I would bet Patrick's money was more secure than Ray's, allowing him to walk away from the game earlier than normal peacefully. You're going to see more guys do that as they are able to make more money.

I agree. I don't see how people feel the need to put down Willis because he retired sooner than people wanted. To be that talented and play at an elite level, he obviously put a crazy amount of hard work in. Who are we couch potatoes to call him a quitter or question his desire. Pretty ridiculous to me.
ray lewis is an all time great player. not only he's talented, but he is the fiercest competitor, and possibly the greatest leader. no offense to willis, it's not a fair comparison.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NinerGod:

no wonder he injured his foot. He was wearing garbage ass KSwiss.

I think Pat is who he is because of Lewis. Pat took to the importance of leadership because of what Lewis got out of his teammates. Very hard for me to concede Lewis here but I think I have to given longevity and how long Lewis was at the top of his game.
Patrick Willis it's not even close!
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:

I agree. I don't see how people feel the need to put down Willis because he retired sooner than people wanted. To be that talented and play at an elite level, he obviously put a crazy amount of hard work in. Who are we couch potatoes to call him a quitter or question his desire. Pretty ridiculous to me.

Not trying to be a downer on his career, he's a fringe HOFer who might get in. Reality is that some physically gifted guys when they start to slip physically just don't want to play as a shell of themselves anymore and give the game up...just like Megatron last year. No shame in that.
Originally posted by jcs:

That's what I'm saying, if his foot never failed him he'd still be playing right now, he's a great LB and I think he's better than Lewis cuz Patrick can cover TE and can catch speedy RB and WR.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Still kills me that they didn't give the ball to Gore for a run up the middle in the Super Bowl when Lewis was not in on those plays.

Lewis wasn't the issue. Dude was a liability at that point. Ngata was out however and we were gashing them in the run game. Inexcusable.

#WhoIsHarbaughRomanKapCrabtree #
Share 49ersWebzone