LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

To Spend or Not to Spend

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.ganggreennation.com/2017/6/8/15766458/report-jets-have-discussed-eric-decker-trade-with-ravens-other-teams

As of 8 hours ago.. Ravens trying to trade for Decker. Wtf is going on here lol. Ravens suckering Decker/Maclin while still needing to shed salary just to even fit them ALONG with a need at TE.
Spend, get Maclin, and realize Cousins will stay put, once Snyder dumps the money truck on his doorstep. Jimmy G is the heir apparent, and our next great QB, is still in college, or perhaps even High School. So, spend the dough, get a s**tload of weapons for Hoyer, to use the next few years, while we wait for Beatherd to develop. Build a Ferrari on offense, and what for the right kid to hand the keys to, in the meantime, Hoyer can drive it, as long as he doesn't scratch it.
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Jun 9, 2017 at 8:14 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
saving that money for our QB next year.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Which one, cousins or Garrapolo? What if one (or all) of the premier 3 in next years draft turn out to be better than either of those in the long run? We should invest draft capital or whatever need be to get one of those depending on how we finish this season.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Which one, cousins or Garrapolo? What if one (or all) of the premier 3 in next years draft turn out to be better than either of those in the long run? We should invest draft capital or whatever need be to get one of those depending on how we finish this season.

If Cousins is available, which is possible, no guarantee Dan Snyder will give Kirk what he wants, then I'd be willing to take Cousins over any of the top 3 QBs, since 1. He knows Kyle's offense, and 2. he's a proven commodity. Plus drafting a QB so high is a huge risk IMO, even bigger than giving Cousins a long term deal.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Spend, get Maclin, and realize Cousins will stay put, once Snyder dumps the money truck on his doorstep. Jimmy G is the heir apparent, and our next great QB, is still in college, or perhaps even High School. So, spend the dough, get a s**tload of weapons for Hoyer, to use the next few years, while we wait for Beatherd to develop. Build a Ferrari on offense, and what for the right kid to hand the keys to, in the meantime, Hoyer can drive it, as long as he doesn't scratch it.

I doubt we enter the Maclin sweepstakes, as he left Buffalo(where he would be reunited with LeSean McCoy) without a deal due to MONEY, now yes we have it, but you don't spend foolishly just because he's a big name, and was just cut. If he lowers his demands, sure, but I wouldn't go all in on him, I like our WR core right now.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

I doubt we enter the Maclin sweepstakes, as he left Buffalo(where he would be reunited with LeSean McCoy) without a deal due to MONEY, now yes we have it, but you don't spend foolishly just because he's a big name, and was just cut. If he lowers his demands, sure, but I wouldn't go all in on him, I like our WR core right now.

Cool with ours as well. After Elvis im cool with whatever.
Gotta love the fact the Niners have turned over more than half the roster and still have around $66 million in cap space. Plenty left for next year to pursue a franchise QB in free agency or draft a QB and spend money elsewhere.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Gotta love the fact the Niners have turned over more than half the roster and still have around $66 million in cap space. Plenty left for next year to pursue a franchise QB in free agency or draft a QB and spend money elsewhere.

😎👍
Maclin finally signed.

Decker officially released.. Ravens supposedly still in the running for his services

Cap Space needs to be used at the right time; on the right players.
Share 49ersWebzone