LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

Niners Current Cap Numbers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Just updated the page, I'm at $76,799,899, with a $167M cap, plus the $38.7M carryover.

If I add in Kap's $16.4M we're at $93,234,899 under, without knowing Earl Mitchell's entire terms.

I didn't update that page until now, hasn't been since January.
Including Williams' 1 year contract and assuming an average of 4,000,000 for Mitchell, then with 2 bottom level contracts falling off the top 51 (both at 495,000) I have it at 90,103,264

Sound about right? I know Mitchell will probably have some amout of pro rated bonus added on, but it'll be rather inconsequential IMO.

The cap space includes Williams's 1yr $690K deal, but that sounds about right, give or take a few hundred thousand bucks.
so awesome!!! to be honest rather than signing Jeffres at high price id rather have Garcon at half the price and add Josh Gordon for 3-4 mil.. so 2 receivers for the price of one..
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/cap/

Cap Space (w/Top 51) $95,319,731
*49ers have 50 active
Originally posted by SoCold:

*49ers have 50 active

Spotrac is totally off, and they also copy information from OverTheCap.com, plus the 49ers have 59 active contracts w/Kap still on the books as he cant officially opt out until tomorrow.
Plus Kap's dead money will be $2,465,753 not $4,931,507 that they have listed.

I seriously doubt they have any inside source(s) that help them out, they also don't have the base salary changes for Ahmad Brooks, Aaron Lynch, Marcus Martin, Daniel Kilgore, or anything new that has been published.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

*49ers have 50 active

Spotrac is totally off, and they also copy information from OverTheCap.com, plus the 49ers have 59 active contracts w/Kap still on the books as he cant officially opt out until tomorrow.

oh ok. lol
well they actually breakdown all the contracts so I can see exactly where the money is and where it's different from your page.

example they have a per game bonus for Vance McD at $750k yours is only listed as Roster bonus and is only at $515,625?
their contract source says Contract Source: Matt Maiocco

you don't break down contracts or site sources so yeah

sorry I still don't believe that money just disappears or your secret "inside sources" if you don't show me
lol

*49ers have 50 active

oh ok. lol
well they actually breakdown all the contracts so I can see exactly where the money is and where it's different from your page.

example they have a per game bonus for Vance McD at $750k yours is only listed as Roster bonus and is only at $515,625?

sorry I still don't believe that money just disappears or your secret "inside sources" if you don't show me
lol

Well the reason why mine says $515,625 is because per game roster bonuses are treated like incentives, so only X amount of games count against the cap, since Vance ended up on IR, he missed a few games, that is the reason for the difference.

And I can't cite a source, because they're confidential, and I can't risk losing my source(s).
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

*49ers have 50 active

oh ok. lol

lol

Well the reason why mine says $515,625 is because per game roster bonuses are treated like incentives, so only X amount of games count against the cap, since Vance ended up on IR, he missed a few games, that is the reason for the difference.

And I can't cite a source, because they're confidential, and I can't risk losing my source(s).

That makes ZERO sense because this is the 2017 cap number we're talking about and the season hasn't even started
So you're 2017 number for Vance is wrong it's $750k for 2017 season per game bonus.

oh, ok
Originally posted by kazak13:
so awesome!!! to be honest rather than signing Jeffres at high price id rather have Garcon at half the price and add Josh Gordon for 3-4 mil.. so 2 receivers for the price of one..

Not sure if bringing Josh Gordon to a state with legal weed is the best idea.. lol but in all seriousness I love the idea of having Josh Gordon being our version of JJ in that offense.. if he is past his Issues off the field some team is gonna get some great value with whatever contract he signs..

*49ers have 50 active

oh ok. lol

lol

That makes ZERO sense because this is the 2017 cap number we're talking about and the season hasn't even started
So you're 2017 number for Vance is wrong it's $750k for 2017 season per game bonus.

oh, ok

Per Game Roster Bonuses are treated like Incentives, so if the player played in 16 games then the full amount counts, like if the player, like Zane Beadles played enough time, his $500K NLTBE becomes LTBE, which it has, so Vance's salary cap number for Per Game RB is less than the $750K, but if he plays all 16 games, the 49ers must pay him the difference. It's only for cap reasons.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

*49ers have 50 active

oh ok. lol

lol

oh, ok

Per Game Roster Bonuses are treated like Incentives, so if the player played in 16 games then the full amount counts, like if the player, like Zane Beadles played enough time, his $500K NLTBE becomes LTBE, which it has, so Vance's salary cap number for Per Game RB is less than the $750K, but if he plays all 16 games, the 49ers must pay him the difference. It's only for cap reasons.

that makes zero sense because it's the projected total for 2017. $750,000/16 games is $46,875 per game.

What does Vance being on IR in 2016 have to do with 2017?

He also got $7m + his 2017 salary guaranteed when he signed his new deal.
that makes zero sense because it's the projected total for 2017. $750,000/16 games is $46,875 per game.

Look at Vance's cap number on OTC, http://overthecap.com/player/vance-mcdonald/2452, yes he has the $750K listed, but look at it, and add it up, they don't match, but he does it for a reason, to throw off Spotrac as they like to copy his site.

Now look at my numbers on http://www.ninersnation.com/pages/49ers-salary-cap-2017, Vance's cap number for 2017 is $4,165,625, the same as what OTC has it.

Vance McDonald's deal is basically like this.

$2.1M base
$750K Per Game RB(Only $515, 625 counts against the cap)
$1.4M prorated bonus
$150K WO Bonus

Also check out Spotrac, here's what it says

2017 per game bonus: $46,875 ($750,000, 11 LTBE) The LTBE means only 11/16ths count against the cap, they just never updated the cap number for some reason.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Look at Vance's cap number on OTC, http://overthecap.com/player/vance-mcdonald/2452, yes he has the $750K listed, but look at it, and add it up, they don't match, but he does it for a reason, to throw off Spotrac as they like to copy his site.

Now look at my numbers on http://www.ninersnation.com/pages/49ers-salary-cap-2017, Vance's cap number for 2017 is $4,165,625, the same as what OTC has it.

$2.1M base
$1.4M prorated bonus
$150K WO Bonus

2017 per game bonus: $46,875 ($750,000, 11 LTBE) The LTBE means only 11/16ths count against the cap, they just never updated the cap number for some reason.

lol at throwing them off making mistakes on purpose to throw off other sites? Why would they care about that site? They do everything for like 5 major sports why in the world would they copy from that site when they list people who work for the 49ers as sources?

I didn't say it was the reason you're numbers are different I just noticed it as a difference.

In fact most of your numbers are exact to spotrac with just a few differences. Why would you say they are "way off"?
AB dropping knowledge.

$2.1M base
$1.4M prorated bonus
$150K WO Bonus

lol at throwing them off making mistakes on purpose to throw off other sites? Why would they care about that site? They do everything for like 5 major sports why in the world would they copy from that site when they list people who work for the 49ers as sources?

I didn't say it was the reason you're numbers are different I just noticed it as a difference.

In fact most of your numbers are exact to spotrac with just a few differences. Why would you say they are "way off"?

Lets see, Myself, and OTCs owner exchanged info on their IP Address, they hit both of our sites, mine was NinerCapHell before I got rid of it, meaning they were copying my information.

Why are they way off? Well if they had access to the NFLPA database just for base salaries like I do, then they would have Brooks, Kilgore, Martin, and Lynch's base salaries updated, plus contract info for several guys missing, like Vinnie Sunseri, Marcus Ball, Raheem Mostert, Je'Ron Hamm, etc... The 49ers have 59 active contracts with Kap being one until he officially opts out.

Also there's one site for each of the major sports leagues, OverTheCap is the most and highly respected for the NFL, MLB has cotsbaseballcontracts, the NBA use to have one, but a few do it now, BasketballINsiders.com, HoopsHype.com, and NHL has one, I don't know the site name, cause I don't follow Hockey. But they copy each site. Honestly I don't care about them, I've called them out numerous times on Twitter, and the result was they blocked me, cause they know they are frauds.
Share 49ersWebzone